Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Senor Tron posted:

Confirmed, they work in Australia which is interesting considering even trailers put up by US networks usually get blocked.

Everything is bonzer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The only thing about that theory which gives me pause is that so far every attempt by a demon to act good or play another has been comically inept. So unless they get a historically good actor in the Bad Place and put him on their side, I don't see Michael being replaced as viable for more than an episode, which frankly is about as long as I would expect it to under this formula.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

pwn posted:

At least Abby’s got to finish on television. After tomorrow night’s episode, it’s being moved to the NBC app to finish out its 11-episode run. They’re currently in production of episode 9, so at least they’ll have a chance to wrap up whatever story they’ve got going on. Will and Grace is being moved up from their planned midseason premiere to fill that time slot next week.

Also, Sunnyside and Abby’s were just shows with Schur’s stamp as producer, right? Not mainline joints like B99 and TGP.

Yes and no. You could see a lot of Schurs handiwork in the pilot, I mean there was a monologue about the greatness of baseball.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Whats the issue of having the last name Modi?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Dr Christmas posted:

I thought marbling was permadeath but apparently it’s reversible?

Its always been, as been established by like five posts in the last page.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

She wasn't chosen because she has a fatal flaw, she was chosen to mess with Chidi who is the lynchpin of the whole operation.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The Merkinman posted:

This made me realize that Good Janet was marbleized and then, just, no longer marbleized when they came to rescue her?

Not saying it's some convoluted Good Janet is actually yet another Bad Janet, but it just seemed odd to explicitly say she was marbelized but the not mention the unmarbelizing.

They unmarbelized her to torture her. That's what demons do.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Part if it is that Brent has never had his belief system challenged so has never had to re-evaluate or second think his way of life. Even a cursory challenge could result in a change in behavior.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Senor Tron posted:

The first season was a similar pace to this.

I'm enjoying it, but I think the problem is there are just too many characters to keep track of now, which means we can't properly explore them all in the way the earlier seasons did.

I think the jokes are on par, we are one episode removed from "touche". But, we aren't seeing any flashbacks to their time on earth, and I think that would go a long way to flesh out Simone's character, to maybe see how she could have at least been better rather than bad like Brent and John come across. It was the same thing with Chidi and to a lesser extent Tahani, you just didn't know what they did to end up in the bad place.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

SpiderLink posted:

If an extremely hot guy came out of my video game, told me to stop driving on the sidewalk, and flirtatiously touched my nose, I'd loving follow the rules of the road.

That reminds me of a journalist who let his 8? (Less than 10 year old) play GTA4 and she followed all the traffic laws like stopping at red lights amd such.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am surprised the judge or Michael don't bring up the results of the judge's test where not only did Eleanor pass, but also let her friends think she failed so as to not make them feel worse.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I was born in a swimming pool.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hey, I am a Florida Man and was born in a hospital. Granted it was three houseboats lashed to 4 broken down ambulances on the side of a highway, but it was still a hospital!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also touche

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I agree with the other poster that I got Endgame vibes where Super Janets started pouring out of the portals.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I figured they need to be in the same vicinity/dimension to pull this off.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

If we're to go by the history of the show Simone was most likely smashed by something. Maybe the MRI machine tipped over on her somehow.

Simone is helping someone into/out of the MRI when cowboy boots guy pops in, the MRI magnet rips the spurs off turning them into projectiles. Chidi is ultimately responsible and gets a stomach ache when he learns.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

That's kind of in the direction I thought they were gonna go. I thought the Bad Place would argue that if humans can get better, then it stands to reason they can also get worse, and that people in the Good Place should also have to undergo testing to make sure paradise hasn't killed their sense of right and wrong.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I would think an influx of new people on its own would be enough to change and make the Good Place more engaging. Like, I can see how it got that way with no new entries in centuries, but new people should bring change and excitement.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

MokBa posted:

Gonna need a team of psychiatrists and neurologists to unpack this paragraph

Its pretty simple actually. Hallucinogens make you hallucinate.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, was that Trevor flying past?

Oh yay Glenn!

I wouldn't be surprised. I think on the last podcast they said there are like a thousand easter eggs in the finale.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

GLOSS posted:

Yo Chidi wait up

The most Jason of moments possible. Even more than the perfect Madden game with 69 turnovers.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This better end with Michael becoming an actor named Ted Danson.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

To quote a great moral philosopher: "That....that broke me."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

BioThermo posted:

Michael got to transfer from lava demon to human because he saved every soul in existence. Anyone who wants to petition the judge for an exception would need to enact an equally insurmountable good deed.

Hey, show the fire squid some respect.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Janet is a Prophet wormhole alien.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Well, the heat death of the universe is canon, so yes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Posted this in the B99 thread, but Marc Evan Jackson is now doing a B99 podcast with the same format as The Good Place one. First 6 episodes came out today.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

And sometimes never.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The single best line in the show for me was simply "Chidi, wait up!"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Speaking of 30 Rock they said in TGP Podcast that it was a true single camera show, like it was literally shot on one camera with film. That is shocking to me.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

As I recall, plenty of people here in TVIV absolutely LOVED Lost right up until the bitter end? I disliked large portions of the show but I actually really dug the final episode v:shobon:v

The Good Place did "the cast departs serenely into the unknown" a billion times better though.

Yes, but that was mainly because the writers and producers of the show kept reassuring us that everything was answered and it wasn't being made up on the fly, so everyone was delighted to be dragged along for the mystery.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

:goonsay:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Is it worth listening to the whole archives? If I'm looking for time to fill.

Yes, they not only discuss the themes and writing, but you also hear a lot about the technical aspects of making a show like this (lots of locations, lots of visual effects) compared to a regular sitcom.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Well my day suddenly became full:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaBcnMOF6QM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

pwn posted:

I have like 200 million times more respect for someone leaving their past shite for all to see rather than deleting it, so good on her

Today was the day Megan Amram finally became woke

Yeah, it was kind of like the James Gunn thing all over again. Old stuff that had already been referenced, addressed, and properly apologized for was left up and then when she was tweeting about BLM, a bunch of (probably right wingers) called her out on it. Loads of POC came to her defense though saying exactly this, and that she has given women of color work opportunities which is more important than deleting lovely tweets.