Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The only part of the episode that didn't click for me was how fast Chidi decided on which book to summon :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mordiceius posted:

Derek is still my least favorite part of this show.

Jason Mantzoukas has consistently been my least favorite part of anything he's ever been in

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Handcart guy is obviously the Grim Derek

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Was that the Kal Penn show or something else?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

tsob posted:

I do think it'd be fun for Derek to get annoyed with and tired of Bad Janet, and for him to start Derek'ing her to relieve his frustration.

Nah, they'll just stage a coup

https://i.imgur.com/KDjEG8p.mp4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

pwn posted:

This is a pretty great idea. Tonally similar to the ending of Broad City.

The Good Place is actually just a Dark City sequel

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
We don't know he has no willingness to change really. A willingness to do something generally needs to be paired with a reason to do so. Up to this point all signs point to him being rewarded for being exactly as he is, so what actual reason does he have?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I assume he's still in the medium place now that everyone has stopped needing Mindy's backyard

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vietnamwees posted:

Alright, so I'm calling Simone, Pillboi Doug, Eleanor's mom, Brent and Disco Janet as cameos that we will see in the series finale. Who do you goons have?

Stone Cold better be there

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can't be suicide, they're already dead :eng101:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BioEnchanted posted:

Yeah, but they're cooler than the canon stuff. Isn't the only difference between the canon and non-canon stuff is that the orthodoxy didn't think the non-canon stuff was "on brand", or it wasn't known about at the time, so some of it got left out of the final books?

Really all they did was take all the Paul stuff and made it official, and take a couple scraps from everyone else to make them look relevant

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
When humanity goes extinct I suppose

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
She was also "designed" to be eternal with a specific purpose. Remember the lesson of Bowerick Wowbagger

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Even the butt spiders get bored after a while

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
People really seen to be taking "What we owe to each other" to be "What you owe to me"

Nobody is obligated to stick around on the off chance you need them for something

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

silvergoose posted:

She even said that in the first episode.

"It's not like I killed anyone, I'm just a medium person, I should get to go to a medium place"

I dunno, she probably killed lots of people with those fake drugs for old people scams

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Given that doors to nowhere are something any Janet can whip up without a moment's thought they could have just hosed off entirely.

Or considering that anyone can just go behind the green door to make all their fantasies come true they could just be in the party room forever

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Did you watch the last episode on mute?

Michael was in charge, we don't know what happens to unemployed scrub angels

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Unless an immorality serum comes with a sterilization component it'll kill the human race faster that just about anything else we've come up with unless it's discovered long after we master interstellar colonization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Clinical immortality is just science's way of having you work as a Sam's Club greeter for eternity instead of having the sweet release of death after 60 years.