Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Arist posted:

CHICAGO

One of the outer suburbs, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This is going to be like that season of Doctor Who where there's two 11th Doctors running around.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I hope we do actually make it to the fireworks factory.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

bull3964 posted:

I think everyone is overlooking the obvious, they are going to get Derek to run the neighborhood until they get Janet back.

Very much so. His appearance last episode was basically Chekhov’s wind chimes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MikeJF posted:

They were reminding you of him so next week when they need him to start being Janet he's fresh in your mind.

This is absolutely why he was there this week.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Series finale is January 30th and is going to air in a 90 minute block with an aftershow included into the 90 minutes. Unclear how long the aftershow will be but it will probably break down to hour for show, half hour for aftershow.

And then Brooklyn 99 starts Feb 6th! :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I can’t remember, where is Mindy?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I liked that even the demons appreciated Jason’s cheekbones.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They’re all good people, Bront.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, on Voltron, the banner picture I had was Shiro on a rainbow background. I don’t know what they’re saying about me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yes, this is the last episode of 2019, and then it will return
in January.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The creator of Funko Pops is definitely in the Bad Place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

8one6 posted:

And for a decent number of franchises they're the only stuff made for it.

This is how they became big. Doing franchises no-one has ever really touched.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Can’t wait for the revolution and the People’s Republic of Heaven.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Road tripping recently has helped to blitz through the GP podcast with Marc Evan Jackson (he plays Shawn). I’m nearly to the end of Season 3, and the dynamic has gotten so good. The one with Jason Mantzoukas guest hosting is amazing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They’re enormous.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Mine is 800-5-8-8-2-300EMPIIIIIRE

I heard this first when I was about 9-10, and it’s stuck in my head ever since. Actually, without the 800 at the start.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mr. Powers posted:

The 800 was important to me because I grew up in a 588 local code. I feel bad for whomever had 588-2300

Right, I first heard it in the Chicago area, where they’re based.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Get the <looks down briefly> penis bees.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I feel like they’re going to find out the Good Place has slipped completely into gross debauchery, and now they’ll have to fix that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

People have lived their good life on Earth and now they get consequence-free pleasure in eternity. Janet made a bag of cocaine for Mindy, so there’s clearly no limits on what a Janet will provide.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Something about actually seeing them in Paris made me very happy. I like Paris too. :gbsmith:

Also Nick Offerman was credited as Nick Offerman.

Generally I liked it, although I feel like I’d have been happier if it turned out they reincarnated into a new person after going through the door, and their past experiences acted as the little voice conscience.

I can’t imagine getting tired of the afterlife though, if you can explore everything and everywhere with a whole universe at your beck and call. Show me other planets, Janet!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve realised what I’ve been reminded of, and it’s the Star Trek Voyage episode ‘Death Wish’. The Q wanting to end his life because he’s done everything, been everywhere, and the universe holds no more secrets. Even being the scarecrow has lost its charm.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I can’t help but wonder where the Good Place architects/thermal vest con artists went after ditching Michael.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jables88 posted:

Did someone who worked on the show ever confirm that the Good Place committee were meant to be establishment liberals/Democrats with decorum brain poisoning?

Just noticed that they were unable to provide paradise because they couldn't think outside the parameters of the status quo which is pretty fitting if so.

Yes, several times in the podcast. The script notes for their first appearance described them as ‘Vermont’.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Please enjoy the whole calendar.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh there’s a whole thread on Twitter to help.

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/1224757383408173057

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I can’t imagine NBC aren’t already starting up the printing presses.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Eleanor was clearly so much more attracted to Tahani though.

Turns out it’s reciprocated!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Turns out it works for everything.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

But podcast listeners will know that Chico’s theme song is superior.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

When is a door not a door?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

In the podcast, Jameela says that D’Arcy held herself slightly differently when she was playing Bad Janet pretending to be Good Janet. Usually when Janet is just standing there, she holds her thumb in her other hand. Playing BJPtbGJ, she held her other thumb, as a subtle tell that something was off. D’Arcy deserves all the accolades.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ishamael posted:

She really is amazing in this show. I think the scene where they “murder” Janet in S01 is when this show went from ‘fun’ to ‘amazing’ in my mind. And that scene works so well because of Carden, she is hilarious as Janet and continued to show more and more depth as they went.

I watched that scene 3 times because of crying with laughter. D’Arcy’s gritted teeth ‘Look at them! LOOK AT THEM!” gets me every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJ6RmMPGko

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Good Place - a show about 4 people who complained to management because they felt they were being treated unfairly by the staff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m getting near the end of the podcast, and I absolutely adore all these people, but if I never hear Josh Siegal say ‘you know’ ever again it’ll be too soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Finished the podcast. “I’m Marc Evan Jackson. I played Shawn.” :gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Is it worth listening to the whole archives? If I'm looking for time to fill.

Oh absolutely. Usually MEJ gets 1 person from in front of the camera (actors), and one from behind. Writers, directors, costume designers, art dept, PAs, even the animal trainer! It’s always funny and informative, and Marc is an excellent host. He’s as much a fan of the show as he is a part of it.