Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

MikeJF posted:

Wouldn't the best course of action be to telephone the Judge at this point?

But then all of their progress would be reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Bobulus posted:

It occurs to me that the fact that Bad Janet was neither marbleized...
This made me realize that Good Janet was marbleized and then, just, no longer marbleized when they came to rescue her?

Not saying it's some convoluted Good Janet is actually yet another Bad Janet, but it just seemed odd to explicitly say she was marbelized but the not mention the unmarbelizing.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

And Bad Janet mentioned the unmarbleizing by implication when she said Good Janet was currently being tortured in the previous episode.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that :blush:

1glitch0 posted:

My new personal mantra is: To be fair, you can't torture a marble.
Have marbelized Janet go through a real (after)life recreation of Marble Madness.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Mindy's house is literally right next to where they've been the whole time

In any case they've likely been frozen when the experiment ended just like the other two
So they froze in place, but not the Escalade, so it's just continuing to drive with a frozen human's foot on the gas.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

I love how the Good Place negotiation team are absolute feckless pushovers who will gladly give into every demonic demand in the name of Reasonable Compromise and Decorum. It's a perfect teardown of the Democratic Party.
Shawn felt very maga chud with how he didn't care if the entire universe rebooted, and he lost out on torturing humans, so long as it meant Micheal lost/suffered.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

So now we find out the Good Place is actually really lame since it's full of those Good Place Committee people?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

ashpanash posted:

Sure, I get that, but as I've said before, the major thesis of the show has always been "what we owe to each other" not "what's best for you." So for them to get to their destination and on a dime switch to "now that you're here, do what's best for you" is a jarring tonal shift that feels rushed and incomplete.

OK do what's best for others in this place where no one needs anything.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

The day before the episode aired I was watching the episode "Gripes of Wrath" from Duckman of all things. In the episode a super computer solves all of life's problems creating a Utopia. However within a month it's apocalyptic for very much the same reasons as the Good Place.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

They call those that work for the Bad Place "Demons", but AFAIK they haven't called the Good Place Committee "Angels".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Kazy posted:

I thought the reveal was just going to be that nobody in the neighborhood actually belonged and it was a huge screw up.
Well nobody in that neighborhood did belong in The Good Place, aside from Janet.