Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

In case The Selection is never aired, any ideas on an international friendly link?
Found this on the true Bad Place (Reddit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I absolutely saw the Chidi book gag coming a mile away
yeah, we all watched the scene :confused:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Michael frowns because he didn’t fake his breakdown. The Michael suit’s appearance in the preview was to remind us of the circumstances of that breakdown after almost a year off the air (and to remind us the demons can make skin suits, so Linda's reveal isn't confusing). Part 2 knocks down the theory really early, so if you're still looking for clues during Eleanor and Michael’s conversation, that's time which could be better spent crying instead :colbert:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

This episode does remind me of LOST, but for me it's the episode after the one where they find the map and the phonograph or whatever. It's probably the fifth episode.

Out on the beach Sayeed discovered a new radio signal or something, and one of the other castaways points to the weathered map they went through a lot of drama to acquire in the last episode. "What about this?" he says.

Sayeed literally clears all that junk from the table. "Forget about that," he says, and the creators sincerely meant it. The map's never referred to in the series again. You know someone tagged this as category:unsolved on the LOST wiki and watched the show for years, obsessively waiting for that map to come back.

This is chapter 42 of the story, which we see in a title card just before Janet also mentions item 42 on a clickbait list. She says this in front of a banner which says "MAKE SOME ART!" in case you need to be reminded this show is occasionally a light allegory for the process of writing a sitcom. We've now reached the end of the first act of the fourth season, which is usually where our favorite shows start to show their first signs of the dreaded Flanderization. The Good Place has been roughly structured around a couple multi-episode arcs a season like Schur's other shows, but what's different is how it completely blows up the entire premise every... seven episodes or so? Now another arc that could have sustained a whole season is seemingly over, and like Sayeed wiping the board, Eleanor puts a pin in the four New Dummies and says, "What's next?"

This time it's a consciously mysterious Hooded Figure, accompanied by our longest single glimpse of the geography of the afterworld (which goes by too fast to see). It could be anybody. I think it looks like death. The end is coming - not many chapters left in this book - so next week we'll likely gear up into a whole new arc. The only thing we can expect is that whatever happens will be something we can't expect. Which is why Michael isn't an imposter, dammit

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

what did Michael say that ended with "for obvious reasons" before catching Jason up on 300 years of memories?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

incredible

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

that was ONE ACT

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

:five:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Propaniac posted:

What scene does the thread title come from?
I think it’s from the ending of ED WOOD

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

The final four episode titles are:

Putting Cruelty First

Mondays, Am I Right?

Patty

When You’re Ready
troubling lack of Time Knife

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

not a deity.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I’m assuming if Team Cockroach had all gone to their own separate, perfectly tailored, eternally orgasmic parties, they would have lost each other forever. By linking arms and tailoring the party to all four of them, it was made incongruous enough to help them keep a hold on their essential souls. The grit in the clam. This does seem to point to a finale arc that examines the show’s ultimate focus on human relationships, now that the problem of infinity has been resolved and the importance of endings reinforced (in only 22 minutes). I’m going to miss this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

It's just the way it works. It's... it's Jeremy Bearimy. I don't know what to tell you. That's the easiest way to describe it.