Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
well I didn't expect that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I liked it but it definitely went a lot slower than the other season premieres

also was there a thing people caught that implies the switch happened

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
bet your bottom dollar

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
everything is going very badly but i don't really know where this episode is going

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
ooookay what are you doing michael

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

BioEnchanted posted:

He's kind of a loser even among demons, he was the one who was laughed at when he was worried that their picks for the experiment were cheating. Shawn has a personal dislike for him even beyond the usual bad place shenanigans.

He also had some interesting character beats in the webisodes they just put out that felt like they might be going somewhere with him

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
oh hey there it is

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
welp

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Regy Rusty posted:

She didn't even say she's not a girl!!!

what is going on here

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

what is going on here

oh that's what's going on here

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Xelkelvos posted:

OH SNAP.

I think someone in the thread thought about this, but it was dismissed immediately.

her forgetting to say 'not a girl' was the clincher imo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
what an odd framing device

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that sure sounded like an actual f-bomb

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

howe_sam posted:

Brent is just the worst.

too much of the episode has been not just directly addressing how much of a poo poo he is imo

trying to have everyone be tactful about it is just dumb

edit: good.

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 1, 2019

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
fork him up chidi

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that was kind of a nothing episode but at least brent got punched in the face

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
honestly going 'sometimes people aren't redeemable' might be nice, especially when talking about a rich racist rear end in a top hat

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgzudBvmd08

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
"yep!"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
she's suffered as a result of brent for a literal year without him changing an inch and her boyfriend picked him over her despite both knowing her pain and suffering as much because of brent himself

even at that basic level she's not wrong

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
of course

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
so i wonder if we're going to lead to shawn being turned into a better person through reboots

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
oh chidi

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I would like it if whatever the show resolves to ends up with the good place reps improving but I think they're going to stay side jokes to the end

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the finale is probably going to have to have the crew go through the system they set up, them saying their goodbyes, and someone saying 'alright, here we go.' maybe even Michael snapping his fingers as the last shot.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if it can give you everything then you should be able to get more time with people if you need it, though

no I don't know how that gels with everything else

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm not expecting anything but a time jump and their goodbyes honestly

this ep, if a little weak, was a good capper and happy ending -- but there's still an epilogue

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MadJackal posted:

So the only difference between suicide on Earth versus living a good life to its fullest, helping everyone around you and eventually dying naturally is getting an Unlimited Pass to the Best VR Experience Ever, followed by inevitable suicide.

That's your eternal reward for not screwing over everyone around you.

And also since the show isn't going to commit to full blown Catholic Church philosophy and declare that people who commit suicide on Earth are barred from Eternal Peace, that means the only punishment for living a horrific life on Earth for their own selfish purposes is the exact same True Death of Eternal Braindead Peace (minus the couple century pass at Heaven's VR Fucktopia).

100%, if you wanted to min-max this philosophy, you should Boomer your loving balls off and abuse everything around you to your own benefit, because ultimately nothing matters and eventually you'll either wind up stuck in the backwash of reincarnation for eternity or you'll eventually finally be given the Gift of Perfect Suicide.

gently caress me.

maybe wait for the finale before being this much of a raging rear end in a top hat

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lutha Mahtin posted:

source your quotes

unfortunately sleeveless is just Like That

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ishamael posted:

So I know it's a TV comedy and not deserving of the nitpick treatment, but if Janet knows everything why didn't she know that the Good Place was broken, or that no people had been allowed to enter in hundreds of years? She knows who went to the bad place, as she showed at the beginning and again when she tells Chidi that Aristotle was in the Bad Place because of slavery.

But, I guess they can't make her truly omniscient because she would have seen through Michael's plan immediately and known she was in the Bad Place.

She knew everything about Earth and some basics that were relevant to the neighborhood, but she's never been wholly omniscient and was specifically shown in the latest ep as needing to download good place info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I really don't know how so many of you could've watched the entire run of this show and insist it's loving advocating suicide