Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Shut up, Glenn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I did make the butts!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

What the Bad Place just happened?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I guess I should have watched the side episodes after all...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

That's not a bad cheat code.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This guy is a loving legend.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I kinda want that tea set.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

We also know that he's lying about faking the breakdown and putting Eleanor in charge which goes against Michael normally being completely honest with Eleanor.
Well, the breakdown was because of Shawn revealing that if the experiment fails, the humans would be tortured for eternity by "Michael". There's a lot of reasons he wouldn't reveal that to anyone, let alone an overstressed Elanor.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nice to see Jason playing to his strengths.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Thanks, ants.

Thants.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wait, how long has Janet had these highlights?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Glenn is totally pulling a double-bluff.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

New theory: Shawn and Vikki manipulated Glenn to do this, because they know he'd flip if he thought they were screwing with the experiment. Glenn thinks he's telling the truth but he's wrong.

e: Jesus they really know how to play with audience expectations, don't they?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So wait, was he lying?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Or Janet hosed up.

Or is that just what he wants us to think!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

JASON figured it out!?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

tarlibone posted:

... another missed opportunity. It would have been cool to see Shawn give a totally different read on the whole "Jason? Oh... this is a new low point. This one hurts." Or something. What can I say? I like callbacks.
Well Shawn probably doesn't know yet, so there's still hope!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Spoiler alert!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh god I love how terrible Michael is at trash talk and insults.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Touche...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

from reddit:

Click for huge

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I honestly can't even get over how perfect MEJ's stance and expression are on that poster. He really looks like he's going to teach me a hip, fun way to sell homeowner's insurance

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fork him up, Tahani!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sloth Life posted:

Brent is a charicature of a person but still, maybe team cockroach is going to learn that you can't win them all. He is destined straight for hell because he has no willingness to change.
I mean, yeah he's a caricature but at the same time, he's basically Trump. A dude who's had everything handed to him, is convinced that WINNING is all that matters, and has never had any sort of actual pushback in his life.

Now, for the first time in his existence he's actually in a situation where people aren't just agreeing with him, placating him, or letting him fail upwards. And like Trump, he's incapable of dealing with it.

Ben Koldyke was on this week's podcast, and he talks about how his main influence on Brent was actually Brett Kavanaugh. Particularly the "I'm sorry everyone else is upset" factor, but I think Brent has more Trump than Kavanaugh.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jesus how do they manage to upend everything so well so quickly?

e: I love Jason's reactions to Michael's magic.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 8, 2019

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Okay, the dove really got me.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oasx posted:

It was pretty low of Simone and John to leave while Brent was in the pit. It would be funny if he actually managed to improve as a person more than them.
I feel that it does line up with Simone's flaw of "once she locks into an opinion, it's hard to get her to change it", so she's already written off Brent as being unsalvagable and belonging in the Bad Place.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ringo Star Get posted:

Chiming in to say I would watch Ted Danson do birthday party-level of magic tricks for at least an hour. Tops.
I loved how he kept doing the "raise a leg and tap the top hat into shape" move.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I feel like other than for the spiteful gently caress you of them not existing anymore Shaun should be on Team Cockroach's side on this one if only because the Bad Place would have nothing to do for a few billion years as opposed to torturing fewer people for shorter
I'm sure he's happy to just finally get some downtime.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Chidi Begins

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The fork in the disposal is a reference to a previous episode, isn't it?

e: THE FORKING BOOTS

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Hahaha nice one evil Michael

"No torture too small."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I was doing alright until the note.

The note got me.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/vellanteviews/status/1199395844497313799

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There's only four more episodes counting tonight's, right?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hi, shut up, I'm confident now.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I feel like the ending is going to involve the idea that there isn't a universal "okay, we're done setting this up forever" solution. They're going to find edge cases or odd exceptions and will constantly have to adjust the system as time moves on. After all, the stagnation of the points system is what caused the current problems in the first place.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

mortal posted:

I'm not sure how you get from there to penis flatteners and butthole spiders, but it's a start.
Well what else are you supposed to do with their penises?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man Jason is on point this week.