Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

After how good this show has been, I think one or more of the characters walking through the suicide door would put a huge damper on the finale for me. I want happy endings.

I could see Janet or Chidi doing it. We've seen several times that Janet absolutely hates it when she doesn't know or can't do things, and that's one thing she can never know. I could absolutely see her going through that door for one brief moment where she knows literally everything. Chidi could go for similar reasons. That curiosity would gnaw on him for millennia.

Or hell, even Gen. That would be a fun ending for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I feel like if reincarnation was a thing in this universe, it would have been mentioned already

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Mordiceius posted:

What if they go through the door and it’s just another level of existence and they’re basically doing the whole thing over with a Michael-like that is just on an even greater plane of existence. The Gooder Place does exist. And beyond that, there’s an even greater place of existence. For infinity.

I would be completely ok with milkshakes just getting better and better

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

luxury handset posted:

it contains Half Life 3

No, it's the new Animal Crossing

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Ishamael posted:

I don't think the party is the entire good place, it is just the welcome. I imagine after the initial meet and greet, everyone can go off and do whatever they like.

Yup. The Good Place has neighborhoods, just like season 1. It's mentioned several times.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Derrick pushes Jason through the door in an attempt to get Janet back.

Roll credits

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm trying to think of anyone we might have missed in the last episode and the only one that comes to mind is Chidi's friend with the cowboy boots? Unless he was somewhere and I missed it.

I was kinda hoping for a final scene with him, as well as one with Eleanor's mom. And Trevor. But on the whole I felt like they did enough with the side characters.

I honestly loved every second of it. I cried far more than I thought I would. I actually screamed when Jason jumped from behind the tree, and I loved that he basically turned into a monk by the end.

Janet seeing everyone off was very fitting. With the revelation of how she experiences time, it was almost like she was an audience surrogate for a moment. Jason, Chidi, and Eleanor are still alive for her, just as they're still alive for us. D'Arcy Carden is a goddamn wonder with the subtle emotions she can portray with the slightest movements. I really hope we get to see a lot more of her in the future.

I love that Tahani decided to stay. Her dedication to bettering herself even though she was already in the Good Place was an excellent choice, and I really like that not everyone left. That would have been too easy.

I wasn't ready, I'm still not ready, and now I have to lead a meeting and will probably burst into tears in the middle of it because I'll think of Chidi's goodbye. Or Tahani and her family. or Janet watching her friends disappear.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I hear what everyone's saying, and I think everyone is just lashing out because there wasn't more Disco Janet

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Did all of us watch the same show?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

silvergoose posted:

Are there *any* shows that wouldn't be improved with that as their last line?

Sesame Street

No, wait. That would rule.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So at what point do they stop the tests and just say "gently caress it, this guy's a lost cause" and just torture them forever?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

curiousCat posted:

god, I almost cried just reading this, what the hell

I've seen the Scrubs finale at least a dozen times and I sob like a 6 foot 3 baby every single time. Last time I did my roommate thought someone died

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Mr. Powers posted:

I have to assume you mean the first finale.

The only finale. There is no final season that takes place in a medical school that's only redeemed by Eliza Coupe and shirtless Michael Mosley

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Jason was stupid, but he offered a unique viewpoint that the others didn't see as a result. He was the "sometimes the most obvious solution is the best one" guy, which came in handy a few times, when you have overthinkers like Eleanor, Chidi, and Michael around.

He was also the butt of the joke that made me laugh the hardest I've laughed in years when Michael got upset that Jason figured it out and that alone is worth his main character status.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

MikeJF posted:

I've seen so many people say that's their favourite moment, it definitely seems to be the most common.

A lot of the little jokes like that were my favorite (Janet's learning she can be passive-aggressive, Vicky's refusal to read a report without pictures, Tahani trying to make Jason and Janet feel better in the mailroom, and Michael getting his gifts from the team all come to mind) , and I feel like that is the general consensus. That said, I REALLY hope this show is remembered for more than that.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
If nothing else, this show was a good start for Ted Danceman and Christine Adele. They might have a future in this industry

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
He's in The Babysitter's Club on Netflix.

...What? I'm a gay man. Legally, I have to watch anything Alicia Silverstone is in. It's part of the contract we sign

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 26, 2020

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Some Strange Flea posted:

Disappointing news for Megan, I imagine.

At least D'arcy won't have to kill her this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Watching season 4 this morning and just realized I love that not once did they do the "recovered erased memories from sheer willpower and the POWER OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP!" which I just so great