Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
I’d originally thought that “highlight the Michael-suit in the recap” was just to service the Gym-Demon reveal, but Eleanor’s, “Why would they do something so obvious?” in this episode has me thinking something is up.

Switched Michael is possible, but I feel like his speech was so earnest that it doesn’t seem like that’s quite right. Two Michaels makes a little more sense to me. No switch, but Vicki maybe did come in on the train and is laying low in the neighbourhood, for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Mr. Powers posted:

Blowing it up in episode 7 is pretty slow. The experiment re-do in season 2 was blown up in, what, the second episode?
Double length episode 1 was Michael setting everything up.
Episode 2 was Trevor's episode.
And the experiment re-do was blown up by the end of episode 3.

So, yeah, by those standards, seven episodes is glacial.

e: Misunderstood! You're spot on:
Double length episode 1 was the first re-do.
Episode 2 was the all the other re-dos and Michael comes clean at the end.

Some Strange Flea fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 8, 2019

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

demota posted:

I feel like the final episode of The Good Place was about saying goodbye to The Good Place.
Better to end on a high, on your own terms, after achieving everything you set out to, than to allow yourself to spiritually decay by rehashing the same basic ideas indefinitely, simply because you “earned it” and are allowed to do so by powerful agents of dubious competence and character.

The Good Place was the television show we made along the way?

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Disappointing news for Megan, I imagine.