Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Oasx posted:

Can someone explain what the Kars for Kids thing is?
It's a long-running (and long-loathed) radio jingle for a charity.

It's also a weird bundle of contradicting emotions (it's a charity! for sick kids! that might be a scam! or are the people saying it's a scam anti-semitic?) and the organization seems to have leaned into the "ha ha we're those people with the terrible jingle!" in the same way that George W. Bush leaned in on "ha ha, I mispronounce words sometimes, ignore anything else I've ever done" and through all of this it's still on NYC radio (presumably elsewhere?) multiple times an hour for at least twenty years now.

Here is a story about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

the australian version has an ongoing storyline starting with Miles Barlow reviewing divorce and following his desperate borderline stalking obsession with his ex-wife after getting addicted to heroin so I'm sure I'll be fine
The American version splits up (but ties together) the episodes where he reviews cocaine and divorce, but the "Pancakes, Divorce, Pancakes" episode is where the US version kicks into overdrive. It's also the third episode of the first season, so it doesn't take too long to get going.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

Edit: Hell, think of what Jason said? ""I just suddenly had this calm feeling, like the air inside my lungs was the same as the air outside my body." Jason chose to move on because he had finally realized that he wasn't just the physical body Jason but something more. He was not being selfish or hedonistic. He realized, after countless Bellamys, that he was more than Jason, more than the Wave. He was part of the universe and so he sought to return to that.
Maybe we really have been watching different shows, I agree with pretty much everything you said in your post but am sad I did not get to watch the show that explains all of time and space based on the unit of Bill Bellamys.