Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Taear posted:

The characters from the book are the ones the show are based on and it doesn't make sense. And if he's basing them on young Tahani that makes some of the scenes that Dany does in the first book proper loving creepy.
It's just a strange thing for her to say unless they think there's only a show and no books.
It's not about reading it, it's about Martin basing them on her and her hanging around with him when she was 11. She makes it sound like that's a really good thing and she's inspirational but being inspired by an 11 year old girl when you're a big fat weird man is very Alice in Wonderland and therefore creepy.

I know it's just a throw away joke but they say it a bunch and it's creepy.

I've said before I don't like him but if you cut him out of this episode altogether it would have been 100% the same.

You know this is dumb, they said the joke once, also not every GoT character came about in the first book so you can stop pretending that's the only possibility for the purposes of these rants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

They're definitely not humans, they're the equivalent to Michael and the others running the Bad Place.

Yeah the show has gone out of it's way to not show any other humans in the afterlife but the original 4 and the 3 from the next batch.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

silvergoose posted:

I'm objecting to the idea that there's something to fix

Yeah really let people have their fun.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I'm not sure how all these reincarnation supporters want this to go. So you are in the Good Place and go through the reincarnation door, you are reborn on Earth and live a different live not knowing about your one from before, you die again. Now this new person who lived a different life do they get unwillingly merged with who they were before?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

MikeJF posted:

An afterlife that is better than life on earth in every measurable way.

They never got around to addressing that question raised by the show of 'what is the point of Earth, really'.

Reproduction I guess? They never address if new humans could be made in the afterlife and the Janet re-productions when she needed to do it were never quite right.