Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

rapeface posted:

How long till the new ep airs? I'm dying for some new Good Place.
precisely and exactly 15 hours and 59 minutes from right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

pwn fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 26, 2019

pwn
May 27, 2004

Bobulus posted:

Switching Michael!!!

Edit: they mentioned the Michael Suit in both the webisodes and the recap. He was offscreen. That's absolutely not Michael.
how did i miss this

Bobulus posted:

Oh, geez, I'm slow on the uptake today. Linda's first request after waking up was to ask if there was a fitness center in the Good Place. Of course That One Demon wanted to go to the gym...
how did i miss this

pwn
May 27, 2004

Koalas March posted:

Wild rear end guess: If it is Vicki, she is totally method and ends up understanding Michael while trying to inhabit her character and becomes the second demon they manage to change and then even if the overall experiment technically fails, it succeeded because it made a another demon become a better "person"
That’s a good theory. Shows also don’t like making likable women the heavy, so it would make sense for Vicki to be redeemed

Another point is the number of times we see a reaction shot of Michael. I almost feel like the writers want us all to figure out “the twist,” only to have the rug pulled out by revealing that yes it’s Vicki but she’s come over to The Good Side. I love theorycrafting! (-2,108 points)

pwn
May 27, 2004

Baller Ina posted:

So on the "micheal got swapped" theory I didn't see anyone mention this but when Michael admits he faked his breakdown Eleanor says to him "you tricky devil!" and they cut to Michael kinda frowning. It's probably an over-analyzation (and I'm not some big proponent of either side of the theory) but it caught my eye.
I’m telling you, there are reaction shots of Michael that do not make sense if he is Michael.

The only hitch is how could they switch if he went on the train with Janet? But I’m positive that can be answered.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

So it did about as well as Abby's Place
At least Abby’s got to finish on television. After tomorrow night’s episode, it’s being moved to the NBC app to finish out its 11-episode run. They’re currently in production of episode 9, so at least they’ll have a chance to wrap up whatever story they’ve got going on. Will and Grace is being moved up from their planned midseason premiere to fill that time slot next week.

Also, Sunnyside and Abby’s were just shows with Schur’s stamp as producer, right? Not mainline joints like B99 and TGP.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I wish there was a way to find such data, an “engine,” if you will, wherein such information could be searched (it’s Kalpen Suresh Modi)

On a talk show recently, he recalled how he got his stage name: His college buddies were helping him get acting work, and suggested a catchier name. They landed on turning his first name into two. They also supposedly suggested Kal Pacino and Kalista Flockhart.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Bored posted:

So this is why I have Hulu. I'm too lazy to read the thread, but the poorly drawn childhood horse looked like something straight from 2008 somethingawful. Are there any goons working on the show?

(Yes, I know there are other groups with professional artists coloring in children's drawings, but I think SA was the first place I encountered it.)

Lol!

Derek
It immediately reminded me of a classic Al Jaffee piece from the January 1963 issue of MAD.

pwn
May 27, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

The Good Place Season 4 - Chekhov’s wind chimes.

pwn
May 27, 2004

SpiderLink posted:

To be fair, she's drunk.
yOU’re sneaking maganets. . .

pwn
May 27, 2004

Sloth Life posted:

Reincarnation is the end game. All those resets for Team C and Janet, maybe Genny will decide that we all get a few do overs before being consigned to the dump of the afterlife.

Well, it IS dumbass theory time!
I wanted to post last week about how “Janet” was acting strange, and her quiet little “yeah.” in ep 3 after Tahani walks off. But I thought: “No, this is too theory, the thread shouldn’t be made worse with this take.”

I could have been The Rightest Poster, the One Who Called It. But I let decorum and fear of a fun thread keep me quiet.

Don’t make the same mistake. Post your crazy theories

pwn
May 27, 2004

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

If hell is other people, then maybe heaven is too. My crazy theory is that when they reform the afterlife, they create a bunch of medium place neighborhoods that are similar to Michael's original "good" place. Humans are sorted into groups in a way similar to the original 4. Then it's up to the humans if they'll work together to become better or make each other miserable.
This is a pretty great idea. Tonally similar to the ending of Broad City.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Assless Chaps posted:

Not to be pedantic (OK, yes, to be pedantic), but that martini was made of a white Christmas tree ornament, not an onion. When he took a bite out of it, it shattered/crunched. The AV Club reviewer made the same mistake!
I thought he was biting the martini glass

pwn
May 27, 2004

The extended episodes for past seasons have been uploaded either near the end or after the end of the season

pwn
May 27, 2004

Coatlicue posted:

Do we know how many eps are left?
We don’t know for sure, yet; the previous schedule showed that there were three eps in November and 1 on December 5. The December show has since been removed from the schedule. Meaning, instead of a minimum of 4 episodes left to air when the show returns on January 9 (we assume,) there will be 5. And possibly 6, or even a maximum of 7*. But we really have no way of knowing, until a final schedule is released for January and beyond.

What I can tell you, is the the names of next three episodes! :monocle:

11.07 Help is Other People
11.14 The Funeral to End All Funerals
11.21 The Answer

Enjoy them, because there looks to be a six-week break between episodes after that.

*One of the podcast (I don’t remember which) stated that the show’s contract stipulates short, 13-episode seasons, with an option to add 2 more episodes, IIRC. I may not, in fact, RC, so if anyone knows anything, feel free to pipe up

pwn
May 27, 2004

Taear posted:

Eternity is a LONG time to be tortured for even if you killed 6 million people tbh.

Also those six million went to The Bad Place forever. What a great system!

pwn
May 27, 2004

BioEnchanted posted:

If Michael really wanted Brent's book, he could have just asked Janet for $60. Maybe he trying not to overtax her given how much strain the neighborhood has put her under already though.
Ask Janet for a copy

pwn
May 27, 2004

boo_radley posted:

Outside bet on season ending

the experiment ends. Shawn and Michael welcome Eleanor to her new life as a demon in the bad place because of how well she forked over both her friends and the experiment subjects.
Wait, is this based on actual spoilers, or is it just theory? Do we still spoiler theory?

pwn
May 27, 2004

I just had a terrible thought.

Fred Armisen is a guest star on tonight’s episode of Superstore, because of course he is; Fred Armisen is sitcom cancer, every series I’ve watched in the past decade, he eventually shows up. His life’s mission is to appear on every show except the one with a band which he ostensibly leads.

He’s going to end up being God or some poo poo on The Good Place, isn’t he.

pwn
May 27, 2004

The committee is so neoliberal, goddamn

pwn
May 27, 2004

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The Good Place is run by decorum Democrats!
You’re right, that was the phrase I meant to use. I apologize and, of course, resign, effective immediately

pwn
May 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Disco Janet looks like Liz Lemon
I thought she looked like Megan Amram, specifically her Twitter profile pic

She is a lot

pwn
May 27, 2004

MikeJF posted:

The judge locked off the portals with one of those old car steering wheel locks after she closed them to stop Janet reopening them and letting more in.

JanetLock.
The Club™!

:corsair:

pwn
May 27, 2004

seaborgium posted:

Netflix kind of fucks you on that, they have a very, very spoilery banner image for the show when you go to it.
could you please post the image? I don’t see anything spoilery on the iOS app or desktop site

I’m trying to get a friend to watch the show and obviously want to avoid Big Spoiler

pwn
May 27, 2004

And I’ve posted about the break at least twice in this thread and the prior one, for all the good it does.

pwn posted:

We don’t know for sure, yet; the previous schedule showed that there were three eps in November and 1 on December 5. The December show has since been removed from the schedule. Meaning, instead of a minimum of 4 episodes left to air when the show returns on January 9 (we assume,) there will be 5. And possibly 6, or even a maximum of 7*. But we really have no way of knowing, until a final schedule is released for January and beyond.

What I can tell you, is the the names of next three episodes! :monocle:

11.07 Help is Other People
11.14 The Funeral to End All Funerals
11.21 The Answer

Enjoy them, because there looks to be a six-week break between episodes

Now the schedule is confirmed: New episodes January 9, 16, 23, and 29, airing in the new time of 8:30/7:30c, with the 29th being a 90-minute finale, the last 30 minutes of which will be an aftershow panel interview by Seth Meyers.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Mokinokaro posted:

Makes me wonder if the schedule shifted slightly and last week's was meant to be the hiatus start. It would've been one heck of a good (and torturous) cliffhanger.
Actually, there was originally one ep scheduled to run the first week of December, but it was pulled a couple weeks ago.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Marbelize whichever Janet of whose Void she’s currently inside

After everything’s sorted out, she’ll be freed when the Janets get un-marbelized, and the Janet Hivemind controls all

pwn
May 27, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

The final four episode titles are:

Putting Cruelty First

Mondays, Am I Right?

Patty

When You’re Ready
Apparently the first of those has changed

Final episode titles—

2020.01.09 You’ve Changed, Man
2020.01.16 Mondays, Am I Right?
2020.01.23 Patty
2020.01.30 Whenever You’re Ready

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUzr0AOwIhk

pwn
May 27, 2004

Thranguy posted:

The Meta ending: they walk through the door and it's Mike Schur sitting in a chair, and they have a little chat.
It would be Seth Meyers, and holy hell if they actually did that.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

No, it's the new Animal Crossing
Mother 3 English port

pwn
May 27, 2004

Promo that ran during this weekend's SNL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmknVK0_ntQ

pwn
May 27, 2004

Despite most cast members making the talk show circuit this week, all clips shown were from prior episodes. And this is the official episode summary:

Vagueposting until the bitter end :allears:

pwn
May 27, 2004

Timings for tonight’s broadcast

Thought people watching live might find this handy for knowing how long the breaks will be. Also note that the show ends at 67 minutes, not 53. Assuming that the live post show starts immediately after the sixth break, the running time of the finale, without commercials, is 47:58.

pwn fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 31, 2020

pwn
May 27, 2004

And away we go...

pwn
May 27, 2004

Jfc derek

pwn