Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

navyjack posted:

I’m wondering if the Bad Place plan isn’t so much Team Cockroach failing to redeem the newbies as it is to make Team Cockroach BAD again. They’ve even managed to piss off Janet.

Also, the whole reason the original four started to become good was because Eleanor and later Jason (sort of) “realized” they didn’t belong there, so the current subjects have no reason to change.

Assuming people aren’t right about the Michael suit, my baseless prediction for the episode three change-up is that they will lead someone to say “this is the Bad Place,” then run with it. Hoping the threat of damnation turns them around.

Eleanor knew she didn't belong because Michael "unintentionally" got her file mixed up with someone else, and they did the same with Jason If Michael would have told Eleanor that she got into the good place while still acknowledging all the bad stuff she did in her life, I don't think she would have changed at all and probably would have just enjoyed herself until the bad place intervened. And Chidi and Tahani we're good enough people on the surface that they wouldn't have had any trouble believing that they got into the good place.

I don't know how they could have done it without having any time to prepare for the new people, but I'm sure that they could have found a way on the fly to make the new people question whether or not they belong in the good place. But who knows what the writers have planned for this season. It's entirely possible they did consider all of that and are going in a different direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
After watching this episode I'm convinced that it's going to end with them getting rid of the points system and everyone who dies gets sent to a trial neighborhood where time spent there in addition to time spent on Earth will determine if you go to the good place or bad place by an "architect" like Eleanor. Next episode I really want Eleanor to pull Brent into her office and basically say "dude, you're not doing good here, we're sending you to the bad place" to see if that will get him to change.