Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
put a kit and a cech-helmet on ryan mason and bring him on for hairy winks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

How Winksy is on instead of Ndomballer I do not know

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Pundits sat further apart than any of the fans.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I look forward to the NHS heart becoming the new poppy and seeing who can wear the biggest one

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Looke posted:

I look forward to the NHS heart becoming the new poppy and seeing who can wear the biggest one

Lol it absolutely will become this.

This game is not very good but it is nice to see fans in the stadium.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How much is Martin Tyler being paid to fluff Foden?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

loving lmao Hjobjerg

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Phil Foden once saved my nanas cat from a tree with one of his beautifully placed crosses

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sassassin posted:

You should hear Taylor Twellman on ESPN. Well, maybe you shouldn't.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
it’s hard to see but the upper deck seat layout spells out “NHS Workers Thank Phil Foden for His Service 💙”

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lloris earning his money today

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

paddyboat posted:

it’s hard to see but the upper deck seat layout spells out “NHS Workers Thank Phil Foden for His Service 💙”

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
One of these attempts to actually go in and spare us extra time please

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
There it is

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
of course it's laporte who should have been off

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Blinkz0rz posted:

of course it's laporte who should have been off

Even the commentary team won’t stop mentioning it.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
of course it's from Aurier giving away a free kick

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Gigi Galli posted:

Even the commentary team won’t stop mentioning it.

it was pretty obvious and the exact same type of foul got him his yellow and fernandinho's

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

sassassin posted:

He was loving unbearable in the villa v man city match earlier in the week, I ended up turning it off 20 minutes in.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
why would you put on Dele and not Erik “Cuntface” Lamela

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Blinkz0rz posted:

it was pretty obvious and the exact same type of foul got him his yellow and fernandinho's

I know, I just usually don’t hear that from commentary. He absolutely should have been off.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Why would you play Winks and not anyone else

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Despite loss, commentators praise Spurs for containing Phil Fodeño

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Another trophy-less season for Spurs.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lol that Spurs broke Mouhs record of winning a trophy at every club by firing him 6 days before a cup final.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Cheers, Son's crying.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Big congrats to the Phil Foden Manchester City for their win today

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Lol that Spurs broke Mouhs record of winning a trophy at every club by firing him 6 days before a cup final.

As if he'd have won this lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

As if he'd have won this lol

He probably would have had a better chance than Ryan Mason

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Oh was this today

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

He probably would have had a better chance than Ryan Mason

Perhaps and that's a big perhaps given modern day Mourinho. Levy likely didn't want the heat from the fanbase if he then about turns and sacks the manager that just brought the club's first silverware in 13 years. I doubt very much Levy gives a single poo poo about winning the Carabao Cup beyond "would be nice".

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Cheers, Son's crying.

Poor old son, i hope he goes somewhere where he can win stuff

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not sure if spurs winning or losing is the funnier results after sacking jose

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

oliwan posted:

I'm not sure if spurs winning or losing is the funnier results after sacking jose

Winning would have been incredibly funny because it would have meant Ryan Mason would have had more trophies at Spurs than Jose, Poch, Redknapp and AVB

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Winning would have been incredibly funny because it would have meant Ryan Mason would have had more trophies at Spurs than Jose, Poch, Redknapp and AVB

Plus Pep being done by an absolute noob

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

What an absolutely miserable, limp way to lose a final, arguably worse than the champions League final.

Levy's masterplan of sacking Jose to entice a manager to come to superleague spurs, while plucky little Ryan Mason sends the team out for a spirited performance in the cup final seems to have failed at every level.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

What an absolutely miserable, limp way to lose a final, arguably worse than the champions League final.

Levy's masterplan of sacking Jose to entice a manager to come to superleague spurs, while plucky little Ryan Mason sends the team out for a spirited performance in the cup final seems to have failed at every level.

I haven't been following Spurs. Haven't there been rumors of Mourinho losing the dressing room since autumn?

I wouldn't have fired the guy if I was Levy, but it seemed inevitable.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric Cantonese posted:

I haven't been following Spurs. Haven't there been rumors of Mourinho losing the dressing room since autumn?

I wouldn't have fired the guy if I was Levy, but it seemed inevitable.

There's always rumours about Mourinho "losing dressing rooms" whenever results don't go his way because he's grouchy with the press and they assume he's like that in private as well.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Well that and the whole picking a player to alienate and digging players out in the press thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I think Jose took the job to win a trophy, hopefully rehabilitate his reputation a bit, and then fish for a bigger job in Europe.
I think the club didn't want to sacrifice league position for this - and aren't used to a manager who doesn't play along with them.

Biggest problem though is with the squad though, the defence has steadily gotten worse for a few years now, there was never any good cover for vertonghen and alderweireld, selling trippier looks like a huge mistake and Lloris isn't as good as he was.
Midfield is full of flaky players. I love Ndombele but he isn't as good as Dele Alli at his best ( although definitely better than current Dele Alli).
I think Son and Kane will stay because they are probably too old and too expensive for clubs of a profile they would look for. Excepting maybe PSG but they have got quite good options up front.

What I'm saying is bring back Martin Jol