Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Trying to decide if I want to spend another $60 and get Forsaken + Shadowkeep for PC too.

Probably put it off until I see how Shadowkeep is but with cross-save now it's very tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
So are they removing the perks from the weapons that already have them or just not putting them on weapons going forward? I was going to try to push that last bit for the recluse and breakneck this weekend but won’t waste my time if they’re removing the reasons to get the guns.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Don’t forget to add back in the percentage damage buffs that most weapons are getting.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

PathAsc posted:

Nah, they're loving with tons of poo poo, including nerfing crits. There's literally no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point after years of the same poo poo. We're still gonna play, but lol it's still bungie doing bungie things. They dumb, fam.

They nerfed crits on minor enemies only where you usually did so much damage you would’ve one-shotted them 4 times over. Majors and bosses were a straight buff.

Edit: and I know for a fact that this won’t be an issue because people are playing Shadowkeep right now and two-tapping higher LL enemies with scout rifles. It’s still insanely fast, you just won’t be able to one phase every raid boss in the game.

Daric fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 27, 2019

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
What are you even rolling for that you’d need 5 or 6 of when it’ll probably be obsolete in 3 days. Hell, you can’t even play on Monday so it’s really 2 days.

Xur’s stupid-rear end engram gave me Mark 44 Stand Asides instead of the Huckleberry I wanted. I’ll probably never get it. It’s the only thing I’ve wanted in the 300 hours I’ve played so that’ll guarantee it’ll never drop.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Really hoping that Gambit Ritual SMG is good because I'll probably never get Recluse.

I'm excited to see how the weapon crafting table works. Probably going to take the day off on Friday and just play all weekend.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
It’s Noon CST tomorrow if I’m not mistaken.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Server's haunted

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Quit out and then try to rejoin. I was at like 8000, so i closed it out and when i restarted I jumped right in the game. Just went to the tower now I’m heading to the moon.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Menu feels a lotttt snappier. And I’m on an external ssd so it was already pretty quick.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I got the Cerberus+1 catalyst as a random drop while patrolling

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
One of the things that always irks me about these big expansions and the light level increase is that I get comfortable playing with my chosen weapons and then all of a sudden I have to play through the whole new story with whatever happens to drop. That makes for an uncomfortable playing experience. I haven’t gotten to focus much on the story because I’ve been so frustrated with the 7 scout rifles I got dropped in a row.

Seriously.

I had to do the whole escape mission with a scout rifle in both my kinetic and energy slots and a slow-rear end rocket launcher in my power slot. That’s not fun. Make the game fun, Bungie.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
No I get that, but especially with the new nightmare system, double scout rifles is less than ideal!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
They all have good and bad pieces. Opulence was probably the best of the recent stuff. The Forsaken story is pretty cool so if you have time, I'd go back and play that.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah, like I got the Cerberus+1 catalyst almost immediately upon jumping in but I can't afford to continuously dump enhancement cores into it while going through the story so it's just sitting there, by the wayside, while I use a series of scout rifles and sidearms living out my own nightmare.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

goblin week posted:

There's a strike that is incredibly unfun to play but at least it gives you information about whom the Mindbender fucks.

You've also probably already been to the spot it's in if you did the Polaris Lance quest.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
There’s also a free powerful on the Bungie Rewards page but I’d wait until you hit 900 for it.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I had a really good experience with comp last week even though I’d never played a single game before then. Went 11-2 playing solo in the games i was able to get in. I’m excited to try the solo playlist now. I ended up at like 1600 at the end of the week so i know if I’d continued playing I’d could have hit fabled before too long.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Bruh is that a joke? They’re the same thing...

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Your artifact power is factored into your light level.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I actually really like the Cerberus+1 catalyst effect. It turns it into a very powerful automatic shotgun that takes primary ammo. Red bars get 1 shot. Probably not very good in PvP but I only play PvE anyway.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
It also gives you the Riskrunner catalyst if you haven’t gotten it yet, which I hadn’t.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Cool little detail I just noticed, the charms on my Every Waking Moment light up red when there’s Nightmares nearby. I haven’t tested it with the other moon weapons so I don’t know if it’s the same but that’s a neat feature.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
The balls can bounce off the vertical bars on the forge. You have to hit in between them. It’s easier on the Bergusia forge where they’re mostly laying down.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Which expansion did you buy and which mode are you trying to play

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
That’s not correct then, have you tried closing out and logging in again?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah, information like “I purchased this in a roundabout way and installed it on two account which is definitely not the intended way to do things” would be good to have instead of just complaining that you have to buy a season pass even though you bought the expansion already like in your original post

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I got the SMG with Ricochet Rounds, Outlaw, and Multi-Kill Clip. With a stability masterwork. That’s good enough for me.

But the Vex Chassis pieces don’t show up anywhere yet. It says they’re a currency but they don’t show in your inventory and you can’t spend them at Ikora so I’m betting there’s something that will happen when the raid is beaten that will change.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Y'all can correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure Bungie's plan now that they're away from Activision is to slowly release content over the course of the season. So they'll probably add onto the story with that.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
For now. I’m working on trying to get some exotics I don’t have and did everything up to the raid portion for the new exotic quest that dropped yesterday.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
My favorite thing about this game is using one of the myriad weapons that promote getting in close to the enemies and then getting boss-stomped halfway to Nessus.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
You’re on Xbox right? I need to join in with y’all, as I definitely fall under the dad adjacent side of things.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Is there a slack that y’all use? I remember there being one back in the day and discord doesn’t seem as busy as that slack used to be.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I didn’t even think about it to be honest, I only use Teams most of the time so I don’t have a great understanding of how slack works.

But I’m in it now!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Discord is just the "red LED keyboard" edition of Slack and Teams. They're all the same.

You wanna know the best part? This is the shirt I’m wearing today as I’ve spent the last 2 days teaching one of our customers how to use it:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah it’s uncapped. People that are saying “it’s +13 when you get to 100” are just parroting the one person who said he did the K1 Logistics Lost Sector a billion times to get to level 100 on the season pass and when he did he was +13 on his artifact. He never said his artifact stopped leveling there, but everyone took that and ran with it.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Except that we’re 10 days into a 90 day season so no, i don’t see the issue?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Bounties were easier to grab in Destiny 1 and people complained that they never had to go to the tower anymore.

They literally can’t win with you people.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

drrockso20 posted:

Wow, that is dumb

They didn’t show up until Forsaken and none of them are especially hard to get. Get Hammerhead first and then the ones that require machine gun kills to get will be open to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

goblin week posted:

I think it’s great and not stupid as poo poo that I can get a moon bounty to kill Hive in the Hellmouth, an area that’s supposedly a hole full of Hive, and then spawn like, five total in the area so I get to run around ineffectively for half hour. Feels like Destiny 1 with the absolute refusal to spawn enemies.

There's some over by where the wizard public event spawns and if you go down into the tunnel towards the circle of bones there's a bunch and they still count. You don't have to just be at surface level.