Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Apparently Vince stated that you could enjoy this without having seen Breaking Bad? No way would anyone care about what's happening in it otherwise.

In the interview I read he said the exact opposite: they considered putting lots of catch-up moments for people who hadn’t seen BB then thought gently caress em. Series

Also it was weird to hear mike describe Jesse as a teenage millionaire since Arron Paul is looking extremely 30s but BB timeline he wasn’t long out of high school when bye met Walt, the series takes place from Walt’s 50th birthday to his 52nd and that’s minus the cooking and hiding in a cabin months long time skips. So yeah I guess Jesses like 20?

massive spider fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I liked how Todd’s Apartment was full of “interesting” decor but lacked any kind of taste and coherency and looked like complete poo poo.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

God imagine quitting BB before the Gus plot line.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I get the criticism that this was basically just procedure as Jesse gets where he was obviously going anyway. But BCS got me used to long scenes of Characters Doing Stuff, and this felt like an extended BCS thing but with Jesse. It’s generally a recurring thing in all BB stuff that we’re explicitly told where the character is ending up from the start (often in flash forwards) and then we see the minutiae of how they get there.

I think this was a story partly compelled by Vince Gillians story OCD to establish every detail that couldn’t just leave Jesse hanging with the police on his case.

It wasn’t needed but I liked having a breaking bad epilogue of sorts.

Also I found a kitten behind a fridge this weekend so now I’m carrying a box with a cat tentatively named Jesse.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

freebooter posted:

Vince can say what he wants, I'm going to interpret the text on its own :colbert:

Agreed. Though I always thought it was weird, and evidence they were writing the show on the fly (not that there's anything wrong with that), that Jesse starts out exploiting her to sell drugs to her and then really quickly comes to treat her as his beloved one and only.

More egregious was Mike, in his final moments, having a go at Walt and accusing him of killing Gus because of his "pride." It was because Gus was planning to off him, which in turn was because he had Gale killed, which he did to protect himself and also Jesse... the person Mike now cares about! The whole rift stemmed from Jesse, not Walt.

That’s Mikes bias in how much he haaaates Walt though. Yeah technically it was Jesse who caused the gently caress up but it was a convoluted series of events and you know mike blames Walt somehow.

It’s possible that as he sees it, Walt didn’t have to bring in Jesse to push out Gale to begin with and only did it because he could control him. (Which isn’t the case, but it could look that way)

Also Walt killed Gus to save Hank. In crawl space Gus was mad in part because Hank was investigating him and told Walt he’s deal with it and kill his kids if he interfered.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 15, 2019

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Now I am imagining a massive spider carrying around the husk of a kitten :(

Jesse is currently alive and cute as heck.

Though since I'm his captor i wonder if that makes me Walt or Todd.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The terms sociopath and psychopath get muddled a lot because they’re from different disciplines, so it’s jot an either/or. But yeah he definitely has abnormally low empathy characteristic of a psychopath.

The funny thing about psychopaths is that it’s possible to be a “pro social” psychopath who intellectually understands that you’re supposed to treat people nice while lacking the gut level compassion that would otherwise make them do it without instruction, so Todd skirts that line.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Yeah I get the sense that Todd was the one who played "good cop" in Jesse's torturing. Which makes his offer of pizza all the more violating, Jesse knows he's stockholm syndroming somewhat at this guys offer of "kindness".

Doltos posted:

Just watched this kinda felt empty like nothing really happened. The bad guys came in halfway through the movie and didn't really make sense. They just let Jesse go with 330k dollars? Why not just knock him out? So many flashbacks that split the direction of the movie. They both showcased the torture Jesse went through in his captivity and the device that drove the plot forward for him finding the money to disappear. It's weird like I was more interested in the Jesse/Fat Damon interaction B plot than what was actually going on in A plot but the B plot felt like unnecessary filler that could have just been extra scenes in the final season. Was this supposed to just be a collection of deleted scenes or did they film all this after BB?

There are two reasons he let Jesse go

One is pragmatic, knocking someone out isn't that easy in real life and BB hasn't usually used movie logic on this. Start wailing on someone with the butt of a handgun and its more likely they'll scream and struggle and then you have a mess on your hands.

The second is the implication that Kandy has a grudging respect for Jesse, he saw this guy tortured and treated like an animal, and now he's here, clean shaven and coming back to take whats his "you got balls on you kid I'll give you that"

Also I never got the sense Kandy was ever treated as a major obsticle by Jesse anyway, at this point he's gone through enough that dealing with him is no real hassle at all. This is an epilogue story more than a climax.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

yeah its in the time post tuco and pre gus.

Its interesting that the two bookends; scene with Mike and then at the end scene with walt, are inversely positioned chronologically.