Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Gilligan suggested in an interview right after the show ended that Jesse would probably end up living a quiet life as a carpenter in Alaska so that was always my headcanon ending for him. Getting to see that play out in a fun little escape movie was a worthwhile 2 hours. Unnecessary, yeah, but I don't think there's any version of this movie that comes out feeling necessary. BB is a much different beast than, say, Deadwood, which needed a more satisfying ending than the first one it got.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Speaking of big boys, we never got to find out if Huell left that room.

Safehouse: Yet Another Breaking Bad Movie

hcreight fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Durzel posted:

A peculiar thing I noted about Jesse’s new start was that he was left driving a car into/around Alaska. When the guy set Walt up with a new identity it was in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere, with the guy resupplying him periodically, and with express instructions not to venture beyond the gate under threat of being left to fend for himself.

Jesse is as big a person of interest as Walt was, so it doesn’t seem prudent to just let him wander off wherever he wants. He didn’t even look particularly different, unlike Walt. To echo what was said above the film ended with Jesse driving away, what’s to say someone wouldn’t have identified him somewhere along his journey? That was the entire point of Walt being sequestered away.

A minor nitpick I guess.

The best answer is probably something like Walt's story was making him a figure on national television, and as such he would have been caught by somebody if he tried to live a normal existence in New Hampshire, whereas Jesse is a person of interest in the overall investigation and isn't making the news anywhere but Albuquerque.

He should probably take a cue from Whitey Bulger and grow the beard back, though.