Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

I liked it, it wasnt surprising but it was decent enough for something that was much smaller scale than how breaking bad ended up. It's fitting that Jesse's main antagonist wouldn't be some gang or anything above street level, just some rear end in a top hat vulture he crossed paths with.

The only thing I thought was weird was the general lack of police presence other than like 2 scenes. I get that skinny pete and badger do their thing as cover but Jesse would still be under a full scale manhunt.

The flashbacks with returning characters made me think of when that guy was leaking fake scripts for the final season and somebody kept editing the imdb listing for ozymandias to list all of the people walt killed, which made me laugh when i remembered it. Similarly putting the obviously much older characters in their clothing from the earlier seasons is a gag that I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Durzel posted:

A peculiar thing I noted about Jesse’s new start was that he was left driving a car into/around Alaska. When the guy set Walt up with a new identity it was in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere, with the guy resupplying him periodically, and with express instructions not to venture beyond the gate under threat of being left to fend for himself.

Jesse is as big a person of interest as Walt was, so it doesn’t seem prudent to just let him wander off wherever he wants. He didn’t even look particularly different, unlike Walt. To echo what was said above the film ended with Jesse driving away, what’s to say someone wouldn’t have identified him somewhere along his journey? That was the entire point of Walt being sequestered away.

A minor nitpick I guess.

I always took that as the guy was planning on coming up to walts cabin and taking all of his money after he died.