Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Me posted:

"Unnecessary but very good" is first impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The Skinny Pete thing was a promo video, that occurred within the fiction of the story but did not happen on camera.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Mameluke posted:

McArthur's a guy who has brown hair and a beard in most of his recent work and the scene in the hangar, and then he's cleanshaven with his hair so greasy it's almost black for every other scene in the film, not to mention looking noticeably tanner and heavier than usual.
Because of the visual language of the film I knew they were supposed to be the same person, but it felt more like a different employee of the same company.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It seems in movies you get paralyzed by PTSD until you need to blow something up.

It seems that everyone knew about the cage they kept Jesse in. Multiple characters were marked on it who could’ve only heard from the Nazis who didn’t tell anyone, Jesse who they are just meeting, or the news which starts with a police press conference.

Still, the police would love to hit him for all the offenses that happened before he got captured, which include murder, so Jesse is wise to avoid them.

I love the shot of the truck passing by, because it means they rented a giant vehicle, someone to drive it, and a driving rig just so they could do a joke about someone being stupid.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Last Chance posted:

We only see the beginning of the news conference, but the questions the press ask imply that they somehow know a bit more that Ramey doesn’t want to acknowledge because the investigation is ongoing. There could be a leak or some other way the info got out to the press... because that does happen.

I agree. It’s very hard for the police to leak information they don’t know, and all the witnesses to the shoot out are dead or Jesse.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

The truck also passed in a no-passing zone.

Are you sure there wasn’t a striped line next to the straight line?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Very hard to get a “unique ballistic signature” on a corpse that’s gone through a explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

For a good moment or so I thought Jesse's reaction of revulsion was to the weird rear end picnic table in the kitchen.
The shot is framed you don’t see the body for five seconds, I had to rewind the scene because it was a really subtle gag.