Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I just rewatched the last few episode of Breaking Bad and I don't think I can watch this. I really don't want to revisit the misery and horror that show left off with. Jesus Christ I think the one of the scenes in the trailer is a flashback of the nazis forcing him to bury Andrea.

Nope.

I don't want to see this either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I think if this was the first Breaking Bad thing to come out in over five years that this would feel a lot more impactful and less like a (well-executed) cash grab, but in a world with Better Call Saul and its absolutely fascinating characters, this all comes off as an "event" rather than a story that Vince and co. wanted to tell because it was meaningful.

Like, I never wanted to see Todd again. Not in a "ugh he freaks me the gently caress out" kind of way, more like a "he got Jabba'd by Jesse and him choking to death and the life leaving his dead eyes is all the closure I need" way.

Edit: poo poo, I'm just gonna say it. In terms of pure narrative satisfaction, "The New Man in Charge" is better than "El Camino."

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 12, 2019

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

StandardFireworks posted:

I enjoyed El Camino for what it was (the cinematography and performances were both excellent) but it definitely seemed superfluous in a way that Better Call Saul doesn't.
Well, yeah. El Camino doesn't have its own Charles McGill or Kim Wexler. Hell, I don't even know if it has its own Howard Hamlin.

StandardFireworks posted:

The confrontation with the antagonist seemed unearned and unnecessary.
The showdown seemed patently ridiculous to me and the only thing that allowed me to justify it was that the dude was high as hell on cocaine.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I miss Better Call Saul and if this movie is why I have to wait until 2020 to see Season 5 of Jimmy McGill and Kim Wexler then well I gotta say it wasn't fuckin worth it at all.

Edit: Jimmy McGill is, objectively speaking, a far better written and more well realized character than Walter White.