Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Man I'm not going to be able to watch this for at least a few days. It's gonna be painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cojawfee posted:

The slowness of BCS sucks when you're watching it as it airs because, not only do you have to wait a week or even months for the next installment, you have no idea if it will keep going. I'm constantly worried that AMC will decide they don't want to do it anymore before the story is finished. So I enjoy the slow burn but I'm also thinking "you might want to hurry this along before the show gets cancelled and there's no conclusion". Once they finish this story and it ends on its own, I'll be able to watch it again and just enjoy it knowing that it doesn't just cut off.

If AMC decided to drop BCS then there's a 100% probability that Netflix would finish it (assuming there wasn't a rights issue, which I doubt since they were able to make this). Outside of the US Netflix has been the main distributor for everything in that universe and has aired every episode simultaneously with AMC since season 4 of Breaking Bad. They'd be all over it.

This was a good movie. I'm in the middle of rewatching the series so the ages of the cast really stood out. It's kind of hilarious to think this takes place about two years after Breaking Bad started. Skinny Pete is practically geriatric (I knot he was already a lot older that Jesse and Badger to begin with but it looks like he hit the meth hard in the days following Felina) and Badger looks like a grown-rear end man. Bryan Cranston is definitely getting too old to play Walt. He looked and sounded a lot frailer than he did at that point in the show - and that was pretty much his lowest point cancer-wise. I'd be quite happy for him not to make that long-awaited appearance in Better Call Saul.

It was definitely made by the BCS-era Gilligan, who prefers taking his time luxuriating on every detail and being self-indulgent to ultra-tight plotting. But the guy's earned that and it was still a pretty great watch.