Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I really liked it. Thought the flashbacks were used well, Aaron Paul gave a great performance as usual, and it was great to see so many familiar faces here and there. Had some fun swerves in there I didn't expect too, like I was way off with what I thought the digging in the desert from the trailer was all about.

While in my heart there's always a desire for more stuff from the Breaking Bad universe since I loved the show so much, I think with this movie and 1 or 2 more seasons of BCS (I'd certainly love two more seasons there but I have a strong gut feeling the next season will be the last one) we'll be good to tie that fine IP in a bow and leave it be.

Given how much I liked the flashbacks in the movie, now I'm really jazzed to hopefully see some surgical strikes of Walt, Jesse and Hank in BCS somewhere and some resolution to Saul's story after he's been hidden away as Gene, something that gives more of a sense of completion to him than basically living in hiding as more of a Sadsack than Walt was in the pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Tumble posted:

fuckin Ricky Hitler, he's such a psychopath lol

"Come on. Look at that view."

Yeah he's kind of the secret weapon of character building in the movie, really padded out that character nicely.

My fave little touch was him lighting two cigarettes by putting both in his mouth and then giving one to Jesse.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

If you've caught all the Breaking Bad stuff (and the Gene flashforwards in BCS) we know that Forster's character has value because he's drat good at what he does, sets you up with what seem like very legit ID's (given that we see Gene/Saul taken to a hospital and give his soc. number without the authorities catching on to him), and he's professional to a fault (which obviously works against Jesse in the movie, but is otherwise certainly a positive quality in general if you're doing business with him and can afford his services).

Jesse could have just tried to hide away away somewhere on his own, but even staying in motels would be a big risk, so if he wants to actually be safe it's a life of living in a car, paying to shower at truck stops and some gas stations, and never knowing when his time would come. After what he'd been through there's a lot of value in being fairly sure you're being set up with a solid new identity, safely transported to what's probably the last place anyone would think to look for you, and given the resources you need to begin a new life (some clothes, a car, and I'd be shocked if there's not an apartment already set up for him to move in to).

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Definitely worth it, BCS is a really good show.