Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i loved it and am glad it didn't get short changed like the deadwood movie did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lurker2006 posted:

What I was hoping for myself was a story that transcended the base "what happened to this beloved character after the ending" motivation that afflicted JK Rowling, didn't get that.

half the movie takes place during the original series.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i keep singing el camino as the gran torino song.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

even if i hadn't been kept as a slave i probably wouldn't have recognized them as the same guy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

KilGrey posted:

Wow. This is just wrong in ever conceivable way.

i cannot fathom quitting breaking bad a couple of seasons in. i started watching it right as season 4 ended and had it hyped up from here to kingdom come and i had a week off from work and marathoned the whole thing. only 1-3 were on netflix and right as i finished 3 i immediately had to get ahold of 4 by other means...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

punk rebel ecks posted:

Did Todd gain 80lbs on the compound?

they musta given him no heads up they were making it cuz that's probably two months of work to get that weight off.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's funny netflix spent an ungodly sum on the crown and it sucks. pretty sure rome cost the same and was way better and hbo still killed it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

I like shows like that because I like history. But I'm not exactly clamoring for it.

the british royal family in the modern era blows. it's only good when they're warring with each other.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

anything compared to better call saul comes out looking weak.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Takes No Damage posted:

Come to think of it, why the gently caress did he have a maid at all? Those apartments sure didn't look nice enough to provide one, does that mean he was separately paying for a maid service to come in and clean his pimpin' bachelor pad full of murder trophies and 1.5 million in cash?

yes.

and yeah she'd been dead for a bit it didn't happen that day.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there were people that didn't assume lydia died? i have no problem with them confirming it but if they never made el camino she'd be dead to me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

was wild hearing her real accent recently. i never would've guessed she wasn't american.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

Can someone refresh me on what happened to Lydia in the tail end of BB? Like subtext of everything being posted here is Walt got her killed with ricin, which was confirmed over the radio in El Cameno? What was the particular setup to that?

walt poisoned her tea at the cafe (replaced a stevia pack with ricin because she always put it in her tea) when he came back from new hampshire to kill the neo nazis.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 16, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i assumed jesse graduated because even the worst burnouts i knew did.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hailthefish posted:

Just watched it the other day, not bad. A little fanservice-y but not excessively. I don't really have anything to add that the thread hasn't said better.

I thought it was better than the Deadwood movie, in any case.

I was so bummed when I brought up Deadwood to stream and saw it was barely longer than an episode.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I liked the Deadwood movie but I was expecting something closer to three ep length.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pretty sure it had no effect on Better Call Saul.