Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also, this gives them the chance to reveal that Walt didn't actually die in the Nazi compound and was rescued by emergency personnel and is doing just fine running the local prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Which is also probably when Netflix will crash.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jesse Pinkman didn't say bitch one time, the entire movie.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Badger and especially Skinny Pete were the best parts for sure.

They deserve their own spin off.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TraderStav posted:

Fairly certain he dropped it at the salad bar in the flashback.

It's even worse if he said it only once in a fluff scene.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's totally a prequel now Netflix can get Gilligan and Paul to do a full loving series about Jessie in Alaska.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not many spin-off series or movies are ever actually necessary. But sometimes they are pretty good. And El Camino, is pretty good!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yes Scott Macarthur should just be in everything. TBH, I didn't realize it was him until the flashback with Jesse

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well also because Breaking Bad is in a time period without smart phones... Jimmy did some work at a cell phone store, and the flip phones were the hot item, no Iphones were in sight.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

No Wave posted:

Their season 1s can be great, before there are fans. HoC and OitNB tanked faster than any other show I've seen.

HoC is a pretty bad example. Show just had bad writers from the start. Season 1 was only decent because they could just copy off the UK HoC.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Walt Jr. the only hero.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Karmine posted:

Same, to the point where I wonder if that was the intention.

Also, just to sorta play devil’s advocate, the radio only said that Lydia was “not expected to survive” and yeah the ricin has been set up as basically the most lethal thing in the world since season 2, but it is a very Vince Gillian type of thing to leave it ever so slightly ambiguous. That said, if they ever do some sort of sequel or whatever where Lydia has miraculously survived, that’s kind of a huge shark jump for me and for a showrunner and a show universe that lasts nine seasons and a movie without any significant dip in quality, I don’t expect it.

Pretty sure she is either going to be dead, or have nothing left to give to any sort of sequel series.

Although, the movie pretty much sets it up so if Vince and Paul ever need to make some cash, they can probably just do a Netflix* series about him trying to get on his feet now that he is in Alaska... like does Jesse get a real job and try to deal with that? Does he just start cooking meth again and partying all night and shooting heroin all day?

* Depending on AMC and whatever contracts or licenses maybe in place...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also Todd completely hosed with his mind there. Like Todd wasn't scared or mad that Jesse pulled the gun. Todd was like disappointed that Jesse was misbehaving like a parent would be with a bad child.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

This felt like it was a mandate from AMC/Sony/whoever in exchange for letting Gilligan finish Better Call Saul. What a waste of time.

No, it was a, "Hey there's a lot of money here" and Vince and Paul are like, "Okay we like money!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sinteres posted:

I hope they end it before Mike's using a walker to get around. If we don't get to some of the later stuff, it's either because they spent too long getting there or because they had no interest in showing it--you shouldn't need more than 5 seasons to do a prequel for Breaking Bad, a show which itself had 5 seasons.

That's not really accurate though. As BB had more episodes per season than BCS. BB ran for 62 episodes. Where BCS has only had 10 episode seasons and could easily go to season 6 and still be shorter than BB and be just fine.