Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
It feels weird how focused on showing Jesse ptsd this was and how unimportant it was. Like he can’t even take a shower without reliving horrors, but it didn’t matter much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

I get why thread consensus has tended toward El Camino being unnecessary, but to me it felt like a personal project of Vince's to tie up as many remaining ambiguities as possible in the most Breaking Bad way possible, and I think he pulled it off. Yes yes the truck full of Netflix money helped, but I'm willing to call this little epilogue an extension of the show because that's just what it felt like.

I feel like the big issue is that breaking bad is such a details oriented show but it was on so so long ago. Like if this came out right after the show I am sure I'd be a lot more "oh good, an update on the status of the spider the kid todd killed had" but watching it in 2019 was just like, "oh yeah, I remember this character existed" after they were on screen for a minute.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like the weirdest part of the walt scene was putting so much focus on jessie getting a business degree or doing sports medicine, like in most movies like this a flashback to two central characters talking about the future will like, go somewhere. But in this one they have a conversation about the future and it's entirely off the wall suggestions that aren't even maybes for happening.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Blast Fantasto posted:

It at the very least shows that Jesse got separate sets of fatherly advice from Mike and Walt, and ultimately ended up following Mike’s advice.

That is honestly a good point.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

This felt like it was a mandate from AMC/Sony/whoever in exchange for letting Gilligan finish Better Call Saul. What a waste of time.

It feels like his facebook page got too many 'did jessie graduate highschool/did he make it to alaska/what happened to the spider" post and they needed to make an FAQ of commonly asked minor questions in movie form.