Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao that hold

e: actually that was pretty clean and the Navy guy is just a baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
*pst* Josh Jackson has been really bad when he has to throw a pass that travels more than two yards past the LOS

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think this is ultimately gonna be like last year where Maryland is really fun when one of the like 5 RBs they have on the roster who can run a 4.3 40 hits a seam and otherwise looks pretty much like this.

Sure did score a lot of points on Howard though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
gently caress this poo poo I'm gonna watch Air Force

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Raku posted:

maybe they'll bench jackson...

Long live PIG ROME

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Adun posted:

So what the gently caress is Justin Fuentes doing out there

Whatever it is he's not gonna be doing much longer

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Seaniqua posted:

Crossposting from the aftermath thread in case anyone was interested:

I realize the lettering got sorta crowded on the second side. That's because I tried to leave enough room on that side to scribble "please donate at wheeztheroux.com" after I get through the screening. Apparently they won't let your sign in if you try to promote a website.

I don't know if they'll let it in with the screening stuff on it but I hope it works out! Also you should go line up like right now if you want to get in the front row

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/TomFornelli/status/1178025416201818119?s=19

Actually An Average Program, Historically

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Would like to remind everyone again that several prominent national writers picked Nebraska to play for or win the Big Ten title on the strength of...I dunno, their sports info people being really nice I guess?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

fast cars loose anus posted:

Not that I like Ohio State being good but I'm not NOT enjoying Nebraska getting pasted

I have accepted OSU stomping the rest of the conference forever as an inevitably so I kinda enjoy watching them just whomp the poo poo out of other teams I dislike.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Maerlyn posted:

That shot of the single balloon floating away...:sigh:

Can OSU take their starters off the field now?

Getting to watch the sad lonely balloons slowly trickling away late in the game while they're getting shut out is by far my favorite part of Nebraska being bad.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Yates posted:

So what is the game to watch right now?

CSU/Utah State is meaningless but it's close at least

Ark St/Troy on ESPN+ is an insane shootout if you have that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao

https://twitter.com/KevinOnCFB/status/1178122850705825798?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I mean, that's apparent, I just thought this was being hyped as a possible good game.

No one who actually watches football thought this, It was a barren week so ESPN just stuck two big brands in primetime and tried to get people interested. It was already pretty apparent to anyone who pays attention that Nebraska isn't very good yet and OSU is one of the like 5 best teams in the country.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

I thought Nebraska would often contend for whatever division and Maryland would be competitive, yet here we are.

Rutgers is a trash team and has met expectations.

I mean Maryland was bad when they joined and doesn't exactly have an amazing football history. They're at least good at other stuff, Rutgers sucks at almost literally everything

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Maryland has 2 wins over Texas which puts them in an entire other galaxy than Rutgers, even if Texas hasn't been that great lately

Kansas beat Texas too so how hard can it even be

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

it was the basketball coach who was caught on tape literally chucking basketballs at players' heads

Yeah it was in the basketball thread after their AD was forced to resign as part of the fallout of this and the insane Rutgers fan who is not KJI threw a hissy fit about a vast New Jersey conspiracy against Rutgers athletics.

Zurreco posted:

Rutgers is there for basketball(?). No excuses for Terps though.

what it's the other way around, Maryland is good at basketball and Rutgers is among the worst major conference men's programs in the history of the sport

Both of them are only in the conference because they got the dumb network on a lower cable tier in major metropolitan areas.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 29, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

any of the pac 12 after dark games worth watching?

Utah Wazzu is fine.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

hifi posted:

this game is stupid on espn though, i like mowlins but the pac 12 network guys are built to shoot the poo poo in a hailstorm of TDs and missed kicks

Beth is so excited to not have to call 14-10 Iowa/Purdue games every single week anymore, it's hilarious. Very happy for her.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Qwijib0 posted:

why would you shotgun the victory formation

Lots of QBs grow up never taking a snap under center now so if they start doing it just for victory formation they're a lot more likely to fumble the game away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Here's an extremely lazy aftermath thread, you dumb slackers

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899933