Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

sponges posted:

My stream died. What happened?

Blatant DPI was completely ignored. Eagles INT directly because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Midgetskydiver posted:

Blatant DPI was completely ignored. Eagles INT directly because of it.

They were justly punished for not establishing the run

Also, trying to pick on the guy replacing the dead player and getting intercepted for it is karmic justice

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers inside the 5 twice and end with 0 points

Not great

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

like if in that seahawks-patriots SB there was illegal contact or DPI on that 1st & goal, my nfl officiating committee would buzz down and say "lol they tried to throw the ball, gently caress them"

and then the ref would address the stadium and say "they tried to throw the ball, did you see that poo poo?? lol"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

could the packers call a timeout and get the lack of a PI call automatically reviewed? this is such a stupid sentence to type out

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

surf rock posted:

Whatever. We totally gave that game away. I'd feel worse about it if I didn't see two dudes' careers end tonight.

And they say St. Louis Cardinals fans are bad...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Good observational skills

Sorry man not happy about seeing a team deliberately headhunting the whole game when I normally like them!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

hifi posted:

could the packers call a timeout and get the lack of a PI call automatically reviewed? this is such a stupid sentence to type out

No, within 2 minutes so it's on the refs

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

The 7th Guest posted:

like if in that seahawks-patriots SB there was illegal contact or DPI on that 1st & goal, my nfl officiating committee would buzz down and say "lol they tried to throw the ball, gently caress them"

and then the ref would address the stadium and say "they tried to throw the ball, did you see that poo poo?? lol"

it would be more like "penalty for trying to score on the patriots, loss of down, turnover on down, automatic ejection"

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

The packers refused to run the ball and the football gods took their revenge. The packers even committed the great sin of throwing a pass to the fullback. They deserved to lose for their arrogance and flat out refusal to establish the run.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

No, within 2 minutes so it's on the refs

yeah, why i said automatically reviewed. it's a legitimate strategy for teams to call a timeout to give the refs more time.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

that was a good game with a good result

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

or even, does the change of possession mean they look at it for PI

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
Part of me thinks we either need to cancel football or just go full cyborg body parts + no substance is illegal sign your life away blood-sport, rather then this weird false bullshit where we pretend the blood-sport is not a literal blood-sport. Maybe only let rich fail-sons join the league, to avoid exploitation.

Anyway gently caress yeah Birds. The ideal Chiefs v Birds Andy Reid SuperBowl is back on the menu, baby.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sorry man not happy about seeing a team deliberately headhunting the whole game when I normally like them!

It was more a bunch of inexperienced scrubs and career backups playing super undisciplined to try and stick around with the team. As evidence I submit the 10 million penalties.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Vengarr posted:

It was more a bunch of inexperienced scrubs and career backups playing super undisciplined to try and stick around with the team. As evidence I submit the 10 million penalties.

Barnett isn't a scrub dude

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Hot Diggity! posted:

Barnett isn't a scrub dude

He’s also not a headhunter.

I was referring more to Maddox and Sendejo.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I was referring more to Maddox and Sendejo.

Sendejo totally is. It was an issue while he was in Min. Dude launches himself like a middle instead of playing the ball.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vengarr posted:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1177381355061202944

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Hot Diggity! posted:

Forward progress was stopped? He's literally going backwards in the clip and had been for a while

That’s gang tackling. You don’t give a guy a chance to slip away. If he was trying to blow him up he would have lowered and made contact with the top of the helmet, Burfict or Trevaithen style. You don’t run face-first into someone you’re trying to injure. His mistake was running in so late.

Sendejo meanwhile is a terrible undisciplined player who tried to lay out a big hit without actually looking at what he was doing. That’s egregious and stupid, but I don’t think he was trying to injure anyone. He’s just poo poo at his job.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 27, 2019

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Vengarr posted:

He went in head up to try and stop forward progress. Just lol if you think that was intentional.

Forward progress was stopped? He's literally going backwards in the clip and had been for a while

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

By rule, forward progress is stopped when the player is stood up exactly in place for at least one second, moving neither 'forward' nor 'backward', and has been dinged in the noggin

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
You'd think standing up and letting the ball carrier hit you in the chest to stop forward momentum would be sufficient but that is antithetical to how defensive football is played so we live in this hell dimension.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vengarr posted:

He went in head up to try and stop forward progress. Just lol if you think that was intentional.

This is the exact same garbage argument that was used for Trevathan annihilating Davante Adams but it's even worse this time because Williams was actively going backwards 3 yards with his knees buckling and Barnett very obviously saw this and lined up his helmet regardless

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
https://twitter.com/eagles/status/1177436313487851520?s=21

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vengarr posted:

Don't loving suck, dude.

e: We see the edit.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Good. I hope he recovers quick.

When is the last time someone broke their spine in a game?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is the exact same garbage argument that was used for Trevathan annihilating Davante Adams but it's even worse this time because Williams was actively going backwards 3 yards with his knees buckling and Barnett very obviously saw this and lined up his helmet regardless

Trevathan came in helmet down, so it’s the exact different argument really

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SKULL.GIF posted:

Don't loving suck, dude.

e: We see the edit.

I meant to make a new post and I stand by it.

Unless you think Barnett has a grudge against a random NFC North team, it was accidental. He has no history.

E: That’s gang tackling. You don’t give a guy a chance to slip away. If he was trying to blow him up he would have lowered and made contact with the top of the helmet, Burfict or Trevaithen style. You don’t run face-first into someone you’re trying to injure. His mistake was running in so late.

Sendejo meanwhile is a terrible undisciplined player who tried to lay out a big hit without actually looking at what he was doing. That’s egregious and stupid, but I don’t think he was trying to injure anyone. He’s just poo poo at his job.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Trevathan came in helmet down, so it’s the exact different argument really

Cool edit on your last post dude

Edit: let's keep in mind that the literal first play on defense / special teams was a guy blowing up another player in the helmet, then it happens again immediately after.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 27, 2019

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Philadelphia fan when it's another team's player: Look it's not intentional, it's just part of the game

Philadelphia fan when it's one of their players: Terrible! Undisciplined. Didn't actually look at what he was doing. Egregious and stupid. How dare he

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Hot Diggity! posted:

Cool edit on your last post dude

I’m phoneposting, it’s a mistake. I’ll say it again: lol if you think that was intentional headhunting.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Philadelphia fan when it's another team's player: Look it's not intentional, it's just part of the game

Philadelphia fan when it's one of their players: Terrible! Undisciplined. Didn't actually look at what he was doing. Egregious and stupid. How dare he

Me, eating potato skins: I sure hope that man ain't dead. I feel so bad. *burp* o it was gas, YOU CALL THAT HOLDING?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

eagles fans are not shy to boo their own players

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SourKraut posted:

And they say St. Louis Cardinals fans are bad...

What?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

sweet thursday posted:

Good. I hope he recovers quick.

When is the last time someone broke their spine in a game?

Ryan Shazier has a spinal contusion. He's lucky to be walking again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I’m phoneposting, it’s a mistake. I’ll say it again: lol if you think that was intentional headhunting.

Watch the replay. The ball was dead.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Hot Diggity! posted:

Watch the replay. The ball was dead.

Look, what do you think is more likely:

A. A player with no prior history decides to annihilate a player on a team he has no beef with by running face-first into him

or

B. He didn't hear the whistle

That's my stance.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if nick foles was still in philly would he be safe or would it be like that one time travel theory, and he'd still get injured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he'd of got injured OP