Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I'm sorry Digital Osmosis you made a mistake you have to wear that baggage forever no matter what you do

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

If people are still interested in the adventures of our little coterie, gimme a shout, depending on if it's better posted here or in the stories thread.

Post it here

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Feels good when you take down a lieutenant of the camerilla 💪💪💪

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
obviously vampires dont need to breathe but if you hit one in the gut would it be possible to knock the air of them?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
booth was a ghoul

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Legit question for rural vampires- how do I kill the 30-50 feral lupines that raid my Haven within 3-5 mins while my Childer perform rituals to my magnificence?

Uh you don't

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sounds like y'alls issue with malks is the people you played with are unimaginative and bad at roleplaying. There's nothing wrong with the mentally ill getting some representation with a vampire clan.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's not even about being "enlightened" if a person is role playing a caricature of a mentally ill person that's on the person not the game's description of a malk. Just like if a person decides to role play a caricature of a gang member for a brujah they will probably do some real hosed up cringey poo poo but that's not of the fault of the games description of brujah it's the player is bad at roleplaying. Unless of course that was the point of the character he/she made. Nonetheless if you're playing with someone who is playing as a caricature of a mentally ill person maybe talk to them about that because that's on them not the game itself.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Twibbit posted:

Rather hunt as the krampus, "you have been really naughty vampire"

Lmao that would be a fun one off

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Being a blood leech and desperately chasing a vampire lover is very good character arc

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's good because it makes you think about humanity today

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Blessed to see Chicago is out

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

GNU Order posted:

My V5 group just finished a chronicle, and I decided it's the perfect time to retire my character. I figured what better way than to convert him into a loresheet. The group all loves it but I'd love some outside feedback from strangers who aren't afraid to be critical

1. Does the sheet seem balanced? I cribbed some of it from the V5 book for general ideas, and with the background dots you can just kinda balance out based on XP cost. The 5 dot feels balanced to me but it could end up being really OP/UP if I actually crunched the numbers.

2. Does the fluff do a decent job describing a character? I wrote it with the intention that it could be used by somebody who hasn't been playing with us weekly over the better part of a year. I tried to sneak in some stuff to flesh out his personality without getting in the way of the actual loresheet. The only V5 lore-breaking part is that, in our story, the Voermans were run out of LA after being caught with some Camarilla elders (we later discovered they were trying to prevent a war).

I also stole the V5 style because I'm that kind of person. Also there's a lot of commas and big long compound sentences because I'm a terrible writer.

Yo this is loving dope. What is codee dice? Seems very memy for a loresheet

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
V5 is a great system and everything any of yall had against it could be written away or made irrelevant if you had any creativity (because the meta plot doesn't matter)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You buy the book because it gives you a great rule set and optional world setting that allows you to to put more time into how do I make my game fun and less about world building

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah that loresheet was cool

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

moths posted:

Remember when we weren't going to evangelize V5? Wasn't that nice?

what does this mean?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MollyMetroid posted:

It means shut up and go away.

why are you being overly aggressive to people who don't share the same game opinion as you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soonmot posted:

That's where I clicked other and put it, "Moved to Chronicles." But I thought there would have been a "do you have anything else you wish to tell us" box at the end where I would put an expanded explanation.

Put Oberst and Metapod on ignore, they contribute nothing of value to the thread and we have other people who play V5 and report their experiences without being apologists.

what am i apologizing for?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Like, the only thing that the old world of darkness has going for it over CofD is the metaplot, if you're cleaving that away as irrelevant or unimportant why the hell are you playing V5 instead of literally anything else?

because i want to role play as a vampire and use a good system

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm praying for the posters who cant read about v5 without getting mad 🙏🙏🙏 hope you get better

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's okay kurieg I wont give up on you 🙏🙏🙏

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That's what touchstones are for. You don't transform them but they absolutely can be inflicted by it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okay so yall admit that the system is good and has improved

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Idk what I did to be hated so much. All I say is I like v5 and explain why the reasons yall hate it so much dont impact the game at all. Nonetheless this causes a group of yall to call me a nazi/hitler/chub/fascist/alt right/whatever the meme bad guy word of the day is. It's very toxic and any new player that going to get into wod is going to be exposed to v5 first so I highly recommend changing your tactics if your goal is to get people into the games you like because no one is going to want to play the game people who yell your a nazi if you disagree with me play. I'm gonna keep yall in my prayers so my positive energy can help yall see the light I won't let yall fall to the darkness 🙏🙏🙏

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

"I don't know why you're being so hostile and calling V5 a bad game, it's easy to be blind to actual human suffering inflicted by the media you consume when you exist in a position of privilege."-Metapod, 2020

It doesn't matter if someone's first exposure to World of Darkness is V5, because we can say "Hey V5 has problems but here's a good game that isn't built upon a foundation of real world human suffering."

The device that you used to post this has caused more real world human suffering than any tabletop game has ever caused

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
No I'm just saying yall are huge hypocrites. You really believe v5 is the one and only world of darkness book that has homophobia or racism or etc in it? Now this rhetorical of course because I dont really care what you believe cause actions mean more and that's what yall act like. This isn't the first because all of them have it every last wod book has some sort of homophobia or racism or something else thats really bad. The game you like it has it you might not remember it because haven't read it since the 90s or you have might not realized it because it was more accepted when you read but it is definitely there. And just like v5 it's okay you like the game you had/have fun playing the game and you probably didnt/dont use the bad things in the game because the meta plot doesn't matter. The wod universe is lovely and has always been lovely because they try to be edgy and it always comes off very poorly. At least with v5 they edited poo poo out and fired people over it. It's very hypocritical and weird and wreaks of edition wars. And tabletop games can't cause human suffering cause they don't have cultural presence they are too niche of a product to have that type of power. Get over yourselves stop taking the game so seriously try to enact change to the game to make it better but stop saying every differing opinion is either troll or nazi because that leads to an echo chamber full of close minded individuals who only accept opinions of those of people you like or those who are contrasting against people you dont like.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

This is very good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Post your 3d models please

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I mean miniatures, as opposed to 2d art in roll20

Post the miniatures

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm thinking of adding kobe Bryant to my campaign do y'all think setite ventrue or toreador works best for him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
ive decided to go all in on kobe ministry to maximize hissing and mamba mentality

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Jesus christ

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Everyone posted:

Depends on your definition. Maybe there's some specific, in-game character type called "Farmer" that acts like that, but there's absolutely no reason that a vampire couldn't set up some kind of hosed-up human farm/ranch/plantation and do exactly what I just described. Hell, figure that back in the "good old days" plenty of vampires did exactly that. The plot of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter posited vampires supporting the South so that they could keep using slaves as food.

Slaves are just one big herd. It has nothing to do with predator type

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Oberst posted:

Lmao yeah I love this dumb idea of eating humans ever being ethical compared to eating a rat

Theres ~consent~ u see

Consent to drink blood is never given only manipulation, abuse, or trickery at best

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Or, you know, friends or relatives who are willing to put up with a little suffering to help keep their now undead mate alive.

Seriously you guys need to stop quashing all discussion that doesn't align with The One True Way To Play Vampire That Also Happens To Be The Way We Play.

That's an abusive relationship op

What? No one was talking for like 10 hours lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ferrinus posted:

That is not an abusive relationship. People donate their time and energy, i.e. their labor-power, i.e. their life-force for the sake of their friends and relatives and neighbors all the time. Often they suffer in the process of doing so. Taking care of a sick friend or aging parent is a legitimate drain on your reserves and yet it is also your moral obligation by most standards.

Most abusive relationships start by getting the victim to believe in false sense of security. Sure the first few drinks might be consensual but after that the vampire isn't going to let it's food source deprive him/her of nourishment.

Being a vampire isnt like a disease or getting older. You are becoming a whole different type of animal, an all powerful leech specifically. People should actively not help them out friend or not. It is a weird problem where the vampire is your friend but your friend is a plague on the world what do you do I must admit.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ferrinus posted:

Vampires are people. Your shift to “it” pronouns, animal/virus metaphors, etc, cannot elide this simple fact. It sounds like you just haven’t thought about this for very long and are defaulting to the reactionary viewpoint rather than taking the trouble.

I'm using it because it's a general pronoun. What else am I supposed to say?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I Am Just a Box posted:

"They/them" is a good inclusive for people.

Noted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ferrinus posted:

Again, you're just trying to sneak in as much othering language as possible in order to dodge the basic moral issue: vampires are people, and people need blood to function. Can you actually explain what's monstrous about receiving a blood donation?

Vampires aren't people. They are humanoids but they are not human