Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
It's me, I'm the one who voted for Deviant despite it not being out yet after reading the kickstarter previews and realizing it would be possible to play Dean Koontz's Watchers by letting someone take a Manticore companion merit that's explained as a super-intelligent golden retriever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Selkies are tough, because they fit your theme perfectly but don't fit your aesthetics at all. I think I'd lean towards including them because I honestly don't know any folkloric creatures whose stories hit the emotional beats you're going for that squarely in the bulls-eye, but it's a really tough call.

On a similar topic -- anyone know any good Selkie movies? Neil Jordan's Ondine might be the only one I've seen.

The Secret of Roan Inish?

edit:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

e: i think if you're a fish you fall within Kraken's demense but i'm definitely going to make a horror based on Cymothoa exigua

Wouldn't be the first time a ChronD book has gone to that well- a variant showed up in one of the Vampire Night Horrors books, altered for human hosts.

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 6, 2019

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Dave Brookshaw posted:

I want to say it was something to do with the... Uh... The extra-spoooky more unseelie than the unseelie guys from one of the later supplements.

There are horrifyingly two different groups for that, the ones from Denizens of the Dreaming who are basically all monstery and apparently showing up from Arcadia post the sidhe and the Thallain from Shadow court who are just -double Unseelie- and kinda dumb.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Geser Khan is so up my alley for the sort of character type I like to play so I'm really looking forward to Demigod to play one of his offspring, now.