Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I like Kai and Mattias Burling, they have a brand and stick to it mostly. Kai's "here's a 10 grand camera that isn't out yet I'm going to almost drop it then do a dumb dance in public to test the face tracking" doesn't get old to me.

Evan Ranft is like if a focus group made a photo youtuber to appeal to 16-29 year olds: tattoos, dumb haircut, limited edition sneakers, constant humblebragging, "rise and grind" BS, appears to be oddly successful for no reason. He gives a lot of advice that seems to just be "I did this you should too." He's not a bad photographer but he has no real style and a weird Stepford positive attitude plus for some reason the way he says "make photos" drives me mad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28BVzUQhpuU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Nigel Tufnel posted:

I think in general a lot of phototube just bangs on about video now because photo tech has got so good there isn’t much to say. Personally I don’t care about video at all. Except when it’s Camera Conspiracies. Then I will watch every single video.
Yeah as someone who gives not a poo poo about video the amount of content about video is annoying but then I remember that young people want to be youtubers the way we all wanted to be astronauts when I was a kid.

I had a brief period when I watched Camera Conspiracies, his schtick didn't work long for me maybe I'll check out his newer stuff.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Camera Conspiracies would be more entertaining if his average video was around half as long. He is so obviously killing time for more ad breaks.