Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

XBenedict posted:

Ken the loving Sperg - This motherfucker is HIGH on the spectrum. His videos are awful. He readily admits it. He rambles a lot. He rarely stays on topic. He's hard to look at. He's hard to listen to. However, he will drop some knowledge...like real technical poo poo. He's mostly Fuji these days, but he talks a lot about Canon and Nikon too. Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0195DmiQ38c

Oh man I was going back and forth on bringing Ken up, this dude is capital C Crazy and a lot of his videos are straight up unhinged, like when he spent 20 minutes just yelling about how rude Nikon support was for not giving him a loaner of the new Z camera even though he spent six months dunking the gently caress out of the line beforehand.

Absolutely knows his poo poo on a technical level though, he's got a bunch of videos about hypersync and other techniques that are really loving cool, and he apparently does have enough legit connections to be the first one to break a lot of fuji rumor stuff (iirc he was the first one to call that the Xpro-3 had a nontraditional LCD and aside from the name, he's called basically every shot about the X-T4 that we know so far)

Worth rooting through his videos for the occasional gem, if you can get past all the weird physics truther stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

"Top Gear for photos" was absolutely the intended effect Kai and Co. were going for, to the point that I'm pretty sure he was lowering his voice to sound more like Jeremy Clarksen in the earlier DigitalRev videos.