Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I'm in the mood for vintage lenses and stumbled upon David Saylors, he's essentially what halpens when your dad makes a youtube channel and it's kind of endearing. He comes off as an easy going Georgian fella with a mad whistle who loves photography. A nice change from guys who have weird speech patterns to stretch time (youtube algorthm riders suck) and more than anyghing his gentle encouragement to just go out and shoot is wonderful.

He shoots Fuji XT3 and the Nikon Z6, talks about old lenses, his photos aren't groundbreaking but sometimes someone's spirit and positive nature is more than enough to make a good channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAchKtrMcgqXXxQYLVTh2Ow

Along that path I tried to watch Mark Holtze, he takes some good shots and loves his b roll, but his speech patterns I find distracting, irritating and a bit creepy at times. He covers some old lenses pretty ok.

Then there was the thread aforementioned Ken and what a ride that guy is. It's kind of great he can rattle off so much in one tak,e also funny in a way that his intro and outro is him shuffling from and to the camera. Defintely a fella on the spectrum but it adds to his channel, I'm grateful to have learned what I have about old lenses from him. But man, what a ride :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU