Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

xzzy posted:

The blubbering coming out of anyone with a hint of wealth right now is pretty goddamn absurd.

So pretty much a whole lot of YouTube photographers? It probably comes with the territory to be fair.

If you've got the free time to review gear, and do expensive things "for money" when you hardly get by with YouTube revenue (because it's poo poo), you've gotta be paid elsewhere (ie. trust fund or mommy and daddy) in order to have the free time to generate the content, do any traveling, and afford all of it including gear, to even get to that point to begin with. Unless you're an already established business or had a massive audience previously, and then built your YouTube work into that... it just doesn't seem to be possible otherwise, at least from the outside. Maybe I'm being cynical, but I expect to see more whiny crying wealthy YouTube babies coming out of the woodwork when poo poo continues crashing down, ie. Willem Verbeck or however you spell it.

ianskate fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

bloops posted:

Is Willem actually a rich kid hipster? He seems mostly fine.

It seems like it to me, but then that's probably me just generalizing to get the point across, anyhow we'll see how this pans out for all the YouTubers soon enough :)