Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtt5R8U22ug

It's the original Z storyline in a JRPG style "open world". You fly around on Goku's cloud or whatever and have the freedom to bump in to side quests and stuff before following objectives. There are random world encounters and the XP you gain from each fight is based on a ranking system (F->A/S), so if you just button mash to get through something you get less but if you do combos and stylish fighting you get more. The animation looks really good but they haven't shown any actual progression system or configuration stuff yet that I can find. Theres tons of mini games, from flying through rings/orb collection and using Gokus tail (????) to fish in ponds and rivers for food to cook. You can craft, hunt animals and dinosaurs and use potions and things.

The writer of the original story is writing a bunch of side quests/back story stuff that didnt make it in to the original to fill out characters history and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I almost beat the Japanese SNES DBZ RPG as a kid using a little sheet i made with rough translations to get through menus and stuff. it was the first time i learned about grinding in a video game. its making me want to play this anyway