Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

The SEC has brought us some great football but yeah, we haven’t played Auburn in like 8 loving years which doesn’t make any sense.

This is Malzahn's first trip to The Swamp in 11 years as an SEC coach.

Florida-Auburn is a toss-up game that feels like it'll be decided on who can keep their QB most upright. Thankfully CJ Henderson will be back to shore up Florida's secondary, and having Jabari Zuniga back to team with Jon Greenard will be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Jeremy Banks was dismisses from the team.

Who was it here that said Pruitt kept Bryce Thompson simply because he was a good player?

(I’m guessing something else is about to come out because he was practicing as of this week I read)

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 4, 2019

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Big 12 had conference schedules perfected when they had divisions - if you played a full four years, you could play at every stadium in the conference. It's these 14-school conferences with protected rivalries that make everything stupid.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My favorite thing about Florida football right now is how every game is ugly as hell. Somehow ugly Gator football is contagious and the opponent just starts doing stupid poo poo just like we do. I look forward to missed FG's, a handful of turnovers for each team, really stupid penalties, bizarre play calling in the red zone...

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I want Florida to win but in every other game Auburn plays during the season I root for them on the strength of kick six alone.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Richt would have dismissed him during the monday presser to make sure that player got the humility he needed to Come to Christ

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

colachute posted:

I want Florida to win but in every other game Auburn plays during the season I root for them on the strength of kick six alone.

All of 2013 really. The Prayer at Jordan-Hare happened and then in the very next game they topped it with the Kick Six. Plus people weren't prepared for that Malzahn offense yet and it was just a joy to watch. It was hilarious watching them go fast and perfectly execute like the same 5 plays over and over while those giant SEC defensive lines grew ever more gassed and demoralized.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

My favorite thing about Florida football right now is how every game is ugly as hell. Somehow ugly Gator football is contagious and the opponent just starts doing stupid poo poo just like we do. I look forward to missed FG's, a handful of turnovers for each team, really stupid penalties, bizarre play calling in the red zone...

I thought you didn't like McElwain or Muschamp

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

I thought you didn't like McElwain or Muschamp

At least w Mullen it feels like we are on an upward trajectory. And the offense is generally competent—even with a backup.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

LeeMajors posted:

At least w Mullen it feels like we are on an upward trajectory. And the offense is generally competent—ever since our starting QB got hurt.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Division 3 St. Thomas of Minnesota was kicked out of their conference back in May for being too good, and that seems to have confirmed as they're moving straight to the Missouri Valley:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/10/04/st-thomas-invited-to-join-ncaa-division-i-summit-league

We'll probably see them in some SEC stadium one September soon.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 4, 2019

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

dirty shrimp money posted:

Division 3 St. Thomas of Minnesota was kicked out of their conference back in May for being too good, and that seems to have confirmed as they're moving straight to the Missouri Valley:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/10/04/st-thomas-invited-to-join-ncaa-division-i-summit-league

We'll probably see them in some SEC stadium one September soon.

I believe you mean November

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Looks like Tennessee is changing QBs finally. Wonder if it’s gonna be like Florida where people wonder why they waited.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Jeremy Banks was dismisses from the team.

Who was it here that said Pruitt kept Bryce Thompson simply because he was a good player?

man your coach is on tape trying to talk him out of an arrest maybe ease up on this a bit

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

man your coach is on tape trying to talk him out of an arrest maybe ease up on this a bit

Lol did you really take out the part where I made it into a joke? Cmon man

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Looks like Tennessee is changing QBs finally. Wonder if it’s gonna be like Florida where people wonder why they waited.

Probably not but he can’t be worse than Guarantano

(I hope)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm just here to say Appalachian st should be in the SEC, and if any Tennessee SEC team is getting relegated it's not the one that has beat the Volunteers two years in a row.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Won't anyone moving from D3 to D1 get creamed by everyone? I thought D3 football was mostly a scam to boost enrollment.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Won't anyone moving from D3 to D1 get creamed by everyone? I thought D3 football was mostly a scam to boost enrollment.

It would seem that way; D3 doesn’t have scholarship players at all, correct?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

And D1 isn't?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm just here to say Appalachian st should be in the SEC, and if any Tennessee SEC team is getting relegated it's not the one that has beat the Volunteers two years in a row.

You have a weird obsession with Tennessee

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It'll be a rough transition but some of the Wisconsin and Minnesota D3 schools are really big and wind up with a fair number of players way too good for the level because the states don't really get recruited that hard and with only one D1 school in the state there aren't as many options for kids who want to play close to home.

Also Summit doesn't have football so I don't know that it's necessarily decided where they're going to be for that unless I missed something in the article. Some of the schools from there play in the football MVC (which confusingly is much different from the basketball MVC) but I don't know that St Thomas would necessarily need to. That'd be a rough transition, it's the best FCS conference by a mile.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

The Dakota FCS schools are littered with kids from Minnesota and Wisconsin. St Thomas could end up being a pretty good FCS team in a few years if they can start to pull those kids.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Throwing Maurer in against Georgia seems like a great way to turn him into a broken shell of a man like Guarantano. He can't be worse though and I guess at this point leaving Guarantano in helps no one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, this is sorta interesting

https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1180306772168527872

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Throwing Maurer in against Georgia seems like a great way to turn him into a broken shell of a man like Guarantano. He can't be worse though and I guess at this point leaving Guarantano in helps no one.

Yeah this is really a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Our defense has been situationally nasty, not like 2017 but probably better than 2018 in general. Maurer might get some good shots in against our corners, but even that is a maybe

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah this is really a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Our defense has been situationally nasty, not like 2017 but probably better than 2018 in general. Maurer might get some good shots in against our corners, but even that is a maybe

I dont thing Mauer is going to win the game or anything but seeing what he’s got and getting him some experience is better than throwing G out there because we know what he is at this point.

We have a recruit that will probably beat both of them out for starter next year, so why not see what you have. I’d Mauer plays great then awesome but if not we know what G is and now we know what Mauer is.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

UCF is probably going to lose again tonight.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Mulaney Power Move posted:

UCF is probably going to lose again tonight.

they’re choking pretty hardcore; i’m pretty sure they’re better than cincy but they’re not going to an ny6 bowl

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Declan MacManus posted:

they’re choking pretty hardcore; i’m pretty sure they’re better than cincy but they’re not going to an ny6 bowl

down 3 now. Back in the game

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh poo poo this drive is spicy as hell

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
These spots are loving dogshit

downout
Jul 6, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

These spots are loving dogshit

Cinci is getting hosed on them. The second was 6in short and the drat 3rd was over the line.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also Nippert Stadium is the only place in cfb playing the Madden 2002 soundtrack late in the fourth

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Warren has had two first downs this drive already

downout
Jul 6, 2009

that is a bullshit rear end call

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jesus Christ let's go

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Womp womp.

No NY6 for UCF

downout
Jul 6, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Warren has had two first downs this drive already

yessssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Why the hell is there no game thread? What is this poo poo!