Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I can't believe Ash didn't get fired last off-season.

kayakyakr posted:

Texas Tech is rear end, now with no offense to match our hapless defense!

(OU is really, really good. I'm not really upset, except that Yost sucks balls and I'm really hoping that when Helton is fired at the end of the year, Wells takes the opp and swaps Yost from Harrell.)

Wouldn't be too surprised if whoever USC hires next just keeps Harrell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Carousel thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899951

MourningView posted:

Wouldn't be too surprised if whoever USC hires next just keeps Harrell

Would be a good decision, but that happens so rarely and Tech does have the alma mater advantage. If the offense keeps up its really sad rate of scoring, the fanbase is going to be clamoring real hard for a return to our air raid by the end of the season.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RUTGERS NEEDS CHAMPIONSHIPS*

*in life

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:siren: WAKE IS RANKED https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeFootballPoll

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The fact Texas A&M is still ranked lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LOL at Chris Ash's Wiki page:

quote:

Chris Ash (born December 24, 1973) is an American football coach. He is tied with Terry Shea as having the worst record of any Rutgers football coach who coached two years or more, with a .200 win percentage.

quote:

On December 7, 2015, Ash agreed to a 5-year, $11 million-guaranteed contract to become the head coach at Rutgers University.[7] He was fired as Rutgers head coach on September 29th, 2019.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I mean it's going to work itself out in 2 weeks so I wouldn't care much about it if I were you

e: A&M being ranked I mean

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Congrats to my friend and fellow Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley liker SamuraiFoochs on Wake Forest being ranked

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

how is asu ranked 20

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Hi, I'm already mad that Miami is in a dogfight with VT next week.

you see, i've watched miami football this year

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Enemies of Rutgers Athletics have lost their best placed sleeper agent

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
e: wrong thread, Rutgers is bad etc

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Dilber posted:

Hi, I'm already mad that Miami is in a dogfight with VT next week.

you see, i've watched miami football this year

Yeah but have you seen VT this year? Yeesh

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

hifi posted:

how is asu ranked 20

fast cars loose anus posted:

I mean it's going to work itself out in 2 weeks so I wouldn't care much about it if I were you

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

nachos posted:

Florida is -6 against Auburn???

The real question is how far does UF drop in rankings after losing by double digits, and how mad will the internet be when the drop isn’t far.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
unlv is bad. tony sanchez is bad and will get fired. he'll be replaced with a really cheap hire and this whole thing will start over again in another five years.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Clemson posters. I apologize on behalf of the Texans for what they are doing to your beautiful offensive players.

Forgive us, we know not what we do.

DirtyHarold
Sep 13, 2011

Lessail posted:

unlv is bad. tony sanchez is bad and will get fired. he'll be replaced with a really cheap hire and this whole thing will start over again in another five years.

As a UNLV alum, I gave up believing UNLV would ever be any kind of football anything a long time ago. It's where head coaching careers go to die. The part of me who's a glutton for punishment has some small hope that the new stadium will at least improve their recruiting some - seriously, I don't know why anyone would sign there after seeing Sam Boyd.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

single-mode fiber posted:

Yeah but have you seen VT this year? Yeesh

We got into a dogfight with Central Michigan at home.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Held onto the polls after a loss. Can’t remember the last time that happened

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Hey Rutgers give me 11 million dollars I'll get you as many wins as the last guy or your money back!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Congrats to my friend and fellow Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley liker SamuraiFoochs on Wake Forest being ranked

Hell yeah my guy. Thanks for your continued support.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

DirtyHarold posted:

As a UNLV alum, I gave up believing UNLV would ever be any kind of football anything a long time ago. It's where head coaching careers go to die. The part of me who's a glutton for punishment has some small hope that the new stadium will at least improve their recruiting some - seriously, I don't know why anyone would sign there after seeing Sam Boyd.

UNLV should be 80s Miami (West). It's Vegas, come on. A blend of Last Chance U and the Raiders. Instead it's just dull.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry for what happens saturday, Jeremy Pruitt

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Glad Clemson has a bye next weekend. Now they can sit and think about what they did :colbert:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

:thumbsup: Florida won by 31 points. I think it will be a total beat down.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I dont think this is genuine

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn -2 is what a story from CBS about this week's opening lines said, didn't pay attention to where.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

WAKE. FOREST. #22!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Kentucky bad. Regressing to the mean was faster than expected.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Minnesota
- Doesn't like winning easy
- Has some drat good receivers.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Taerkar posted:

Kentucky bad. Regressing to the mean was faster than expected.

Feleipe Franks made them look better than they were.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Minnesota
- Doesn't like winning easy
- Has some drat good receivers.

Is he still saying "row the boat"?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Auburn -2 is what a story from CBS about this week's opening lines said, didn't pay attention to where.

That would make a lot more sense. I saw FLA -6 on the ESPN week 6 scoreboard and now it’s no longer there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LLCoolJD posted:

Feleipe Franks made them look better than they were.

Is he still saying "row the boat"?

Yes

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I’m not. I’d love a repeat of 2017.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

LLCoolJD posted:

UNLV should be 80s Miami (West). It's Vegas, come on. A blend of Last Chance U and the Raiders. Instead it's just dull.

eh, I don't know if any program could be that in this day and age. The main problem for unlv football is never investing in it/actively ignoring it. The hope is that the new football complex that was built and the move to allegiant stadium will fill in those holes, but I'm very doubtful that it will. There's just too much rot which you can see by the basketball team cratering.

Like maybe I'm wrong and they actually hire someone with a more proven head coaching record at this level and they start actually playing decent mountain west football, but history tells us that won't happen.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Joey Freshwater posted:

I dont think this is genuine

I still like Pruitt so that will genuinely be at odds with my distaste for Tennessee. I hope he finds a nice cushy coordinator job somewhere.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just saw a political commercial against our Democratic governor, and it was framed as like a news program about the economy and had a big logo in the middle for SEC Southern Economic Competition

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I still like Pruitt so that will genuinely be at odds with my distaste for Tennessee. I hope he finds a nice cushy coordinator job somewhere.

I’ve hammered on this already but he’s not going anywhere. It’s been a year +4 games and all the best players are freshman and sophomores that he brought in, not counting Jennings.

There’s a huge rebuild going on for us and it’ll take 4-5 years. I’ve come to grips with this but a huge portion of the UT fan base has not. (And apparently a lot of outsiders)

Having trouble finding it now but there’s a good article from the Athletic I think that goes into detail about the rebuild and how/why it’s going to take a long time. If I find it I’ll post it.

You can’t expect a first time coach to come in with the dumpster fire he walked in on and immediately expect to start winning. Yes the Ga State game was bad. But that just shows how bad things really are. I dont think it’s truly a direct reflection of Pruitt.

Guarantano is also really, really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i will say that with the possible exception of the Minnesota Golden Gophers, Wake Forest has by far the most underrated WR corps in the country.