Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Randaconda posted:

the extremely southeastern conference

FSU
UF
Miami
Georgia
GT
USF
UCF
SCAR
Clemson
that one Georgia school that beat UF
Auburn
Alabama

make this happen

Needs more Orgeron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Georgia State?!?

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

Randaconda posted:

the extremely southeastern conference

FSU
UF
Miami
Georgia
GT
USF
UCF
SCAR
Clemson
that one Georgia school that beat UF
Auburn
Alabama

make this happen

Make it promotion/relegation with the acc and I’m in

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

superbelch posted:

Make it promotion/relegation with the acc and I’m in

I like how you think, especially since the SEC and ACC have a little voting block anyway.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If your school gets investigated for sexual assault you are forced into the OUR SCHOOLS ARE RAPEY (OSAR(tm)) conference for 10 years minimum.

Then I dunno you go to the Big East.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

colachute posted:

the OUR SCHOOLS ARE RAPEY (OSAR(tm)) conference

The Big 10?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

PostNouveau posted:

The Big 10?

Yes but rename it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Team that places last in conference moves to legion field

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

The Big 10?

:colbert: HEY, we can't have had more than 1/3 of our conference investigated fo...oh...oh I see it now.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/steve-spurrier-florida-draws-play-coaches-meeting-hbo-college-football

Spurrier is the best.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I would not enjoy a geographic conference.

BC
UMass
UConn
Army
Syracuse
Rutgers
Penn State
Buffalo
Temple
Pitt
Maryland
Navy

Excitement abounds.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sash! posted:

BC
UMass
UConn
Army
Syracuse
Rutgers
Penn State
Buffalo
Temple
Pitt
Maryland
Navy

Excitement abounds.

Jesus, I don't think they'd even get an AQ berth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i mean the Big East stopped being a football conference for a reason

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Sash! posted:

BC
UMass
UConn
Army
Syracuse
Rutgers
Penn State
Buffalo
Temple
Pitt
Maryland
Navy

Excitement abounds.

Army undefeated conference schedule forever

gently caress penn state

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
So many pre-cable years of watching those teams punt back and forth on Thanksgiving break

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Randaconda posted:

Jesus, I don't think they'd even get an AQ berth

There's a trophy for being the best team in the East. Penn State won it 31 times over the 83 years they've given it. Army is in second place with 8 wins. After that, it drops off pretty fast. Been a one horse race for a long time.

Rutgers won in 2014 with an 8-5 record.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
An extremely Southeastern Conference without Ole Miss, the school where antebellum racism permeates everything, including its loving name, is a travesty.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/espnrittenberg/status/1180105411904573445?s=21

The SEC has brought us some great football but yeah, we haven’t played Auburn in like 8 loving years which doesn’t make any sense.

Our scheduling is dogshit and it’s a shame there isn’t more of an effort to give us a better product on the field. They complain about attendance then scrap to keep x amount of home midmajor games. Terrible.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I wish there was some way to force P5 teams to play at least one P5 OOC every season. Home/away would sort itself out because those tend to be home and home series anyhow.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

You have to play a team across the country. If you’re in the East you have to go out west and vice versa. LSU would have to go to OSU, and everyone in Kansas can just stay put because nobody really cares about flyover states anyway.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

colachute posted:

You have to play a team across the country. If you’re in the East you have to go out west and vice versa. LSU would have to go to OSU, and everyone in Kansas can just stay put because nobody really cares about flyover states anyway.

Flyover states play Canadian teams

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aw, yeah, Banner Society projecting something I hadn't thought possible: a Texas-LSU rematch in the Sugar Bowl.

That would own so hard. Getting to see that live would be worth getting screamed at by 50,000 LSU fans in Champion Square at the Superdome.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sab0921 posted:

An extremely Southeastern Conference without Ole Miss, the school where antebellum racism permeates everything, including its loving name, is a travesty.

Where shall they go? What shall they do?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/espnrittenberg/status/1180105411904573445?s=21

The SEC has brought us some great football but yeah, we haven’t played Auburn in like 8 loving years which doesn’t make any sense.

Our scheduling is dogshit and it’s a shame there isn’t more of an effort to give us a better product on the field. They complain about attendance then scrap to keep x amount of home midmajor games. Terrible.

Miami OOC
FSU OOC
LSU
Auburn
Georgia

Pretty good schedule this year, IMHO. Although if you replace Auburn with Arkansas and Miami with Miami (OH) it quickly goes to poo poo.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

PostNouveau posted:

Aw, yeah, Banner Society projecting something I hadn't thought possible: a Texas-LSU rematch in the Sugar Bowl.

That would own so hard. Getting to see that live would be worth getting screamed at by 50,000 LSU fans in Champion Square at the Superdome.

oh, a rematch of a regular season game in a superdome-held bowl? what could possibly go wrong for us?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Miami is not the south

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If the SEC and the ACC merged and created a two tiered promotion-relegation system, how many current ACC teams would be be in the upper tier next year? Let's demote Vandy and Arkansas and call up Clemson and I guess Virginia? Are we sure there are any sure upgrades after that? Do Wake Forest and, what, FSU or Miami have a better season in the SEC than Ole Miss and Tennessee are currently? (I know this isn't really how relegation works, but bear with me)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
e: nm not worth it

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 4, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

Miami is not the south

I move that Miami and New Orleans be deemed Caribbean cities.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
oh hey the fertitta football complex is now open. it's around two years late, but thank you sanchez the reason you were hired is finished. it's time to bring in someone new.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Is UNLV going to play in the Raiders' new stadium? Seems like it would swallow them up and just be a big bummer like UTSA at the Alamodome or Tulane when they played in the Superdome.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

General Dog posted:

Is UNLV going to play in the Raiders' new stadium? Seems like it would swallow them up and just be a big bummer like UTSA at the Alamodome or Tulane when they played in the Superdome.

yes. everyone seems to treat it as a good thing. i just want to tick off the list of excuses.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Lessail posted:

yes. everyone seems to treat it as a good thing. i just want to tick off the list of excuses.

Wonder if they'll close off the upper deck

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looking forward to seeing Auburn play at the former University of the greatest college quarterback of all time - Cam Newton

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

That would probably own assuming most of our team sticks around to play in the bowl game, but I'm not going to project us to a NY6 bowl just yet on the strength of wins against mighty LA Tech, Rice, and Okie Lite (I think Okie Lite is not bad but still).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

That would probably own assuming most of our team sticks around to play in the bowl game, but I'm not going to project us to a NY6 bowl just yet on the strength of wins against mighty LA Tech, Rice, and Okie Lite (I think Okie Lite is not bad but still).

Burn the heretic! Texas is back fire tim beck

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

9-4 got you to there last year; I'm having to squint pretty hard to see a worse record than that. That allows for two losses to OU and a slip up on one of the road games against Baylor/TCU/Iowa State.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

General Dog posted:

If the SEC and the ACC merged and created a two tiered promotion-relegation system, how many current ACC teams would be be in the upper tier next year? Let's demote Vandy and Arkansas and call up Clemson and I guess Virginia? Are we sure there are any sure upgrades after that? Do Wake Forest and, what, FSU or Miami have a better season in the SEC than Ole Miss and Tennessee are currently? (I know this isn't really how relegation works, but bear with me)

i think unc could hang in the sec and do better than, say, a will muscuamp team

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

i think unc could hang in the sec and do better than, say, a will muscuamp team

how long do you have to be asleep before people stop calling you a sleeping giant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think the joke is that UNC already beat South Carolina this very season, which I actually had forgotten already.