Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

dirty shrimp money posted:

Cue every business owning booster suddenly running ads with at least someone on their school's roster

I doubt they would even have to run the ads. Seems like every season you could just pay each player for the non-exclusive right to use their image for advertising during the next 12 months and whether you end up exercising that option or not is up to you. And whether they accept a similar offer from someone else is up to them.

But yeah, something's gonna give as far as either the NCAA is going to find a way to not let CA schools do this or everyone's going to get to do it one way or another. If they let everyone do it I figure Texas will be in about as good a position as anyone to tempt recruits with big paychecks. Oh man, if it turns into a pissing contest with A&M about whose players make more money those kids are gonna make BANK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

Aw, yeah, Banner Society projecting something I hadn't thought possible: a Texas-LSU rematch in the Sugar Bowl.

That would own so hard. Getting to see that live would be worth getting screamed at by 50,000 LSU fans in Champion Square at the Superdome.

That would probably own assuming most of our team sticks around to play in the bowl game, but I'm not going to project us to a NY6 bowl just yet on the strength of wins against mighty LA Tech, Rice, and Okie Lite (I think Okie Lite is not bad but still).

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

colachute posted:

I want Florida to win but in every other game Auburn plays during the season I root for them on the strength of kick six alone.

All of 2013 really. The Prayer at Jordan-Hare happened and then in the very next game they topped it with the Kick Six. Plus people weren't prepared for that Malzahn offense yet and it was just a joy to watch. It was hilarious watching them go fast and perfectly execute like the same 5 plays over and over while those giant SEC defensive lines grew ever more gassed and demoralized.