Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
i've watched every episode of bob's burgers, and i usually can't sustain enthusiasm for a show beyond like 4 seasons unless its really good. Its not the best show, but its consistently good and its very pleasant. I think I probably prefer it to even the simpsons heyday. I think I like Futurama's FOX televised seasons overall more though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Our Thanksgiving tradition of stopping Bob from enjoying his traditions.

I am really really sick of this plotline. Just once I would like to see Bob get his delicious thanksgiving dinner the way he wants it

Tumble fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 25, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Give the man his thanksgiving dammit. He's earned it.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
And yet, the Turkey was perfect this year...

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
9:All that Gene
Gene auditions for a small role in a local theater production, but things backfire when he discovers that Linda actually bargained with the director to get Gene the part.

Billy Eichner returns as the librarian. Fox's website says 9PM is "Regular programing will resum..." but my Tivo still has it airing.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I love that Teddy still thinks the Belcher's last name is Burger.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So was there a new episode or not

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

So was there a new episode or not

There was, but I wasn't too impressed. It just seems like they missed the mark of Linda being a bulldozer parent when Gene wasn't meant for the part. It feels like he should have learned and grew, but nope, flu ex machina. The Lazerium episode is on right now and I already feel like they got Gene more in one scene, when compared to this week's episode. The AV club writer disagreed with me, and gave it an A-.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gene has a terminal case of the stupids which leads me to believe that he is Teddy's kid.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
10: Have yourself a Maily Linda Christmas

Linda works a temp job at the post office to make extra money for the holidays. But when an important package goes undelivered, Linda breaks protocol and takes it upon herself to save the day. Meanwhile, Bob and Tina are trapped at home with Linda's fussy family and Gene and Louise scramble last-minute to find the perfect gift for Tina.

Late football game, and this is the last episode for 2019.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pretty good episode. Half a bottle episode and a road episode. I'm glad mike came around

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Mike came around, but first he drew a belly laugh from me for taking the package and walking away

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

We're kids, just like you my boy was also great

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Surprise 10 pm Bob's Burgers

11: Drumforgiven
Gene gets kicked out of the Ocean Avenue Hifi Emporium, but Louise takes matters into her own hands to defend Gene's honor.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
I'm impressed the growth Gene showed. I also dug Louise looking both ways while Teddy nearly gets run over twice ( even if his B plot stank).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I liked the main plot but what the gently caress was even going on with Teddy.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Milo and POTUS posted:

I liked the main plot but what the gently caress was even going on with Teddy.

He wanted Bob to care about him working for Jimmy because he felt that if Bob didn't care then Bob didn't care about him.

But yeah I kind of think they take Teddy's anger and yelling a bit too far at times, its sometimes like right at the line of funny and uncomfortable.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
One month later...

12: A Fish Called Tina
Tina goes too far trying to be a perfect mentor. Meanwhile, Bob and Linda test out the gym next door.

Right after Duncanville starts its probably short run.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Zeke and Rudy :3:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This is a great episode.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Is this the first time the store from the opening actually makes it into the show?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

Usually after the opening credits, the store, if seen, would be vacant in the episode.
However, in "Uncle Teddy" Bob mentions the store, then called "CARL'S PRE-OWNED INDOOR OUTHOUSES".
And in "Burger War" the store called "ROCKY REFUGE" was brought up when Calvin Fischoeder says "I rent to a Raccoon Sanctuary" and Bob Belcher replies "Ive been meaning to talk to you about that"
While in "Nightmare on Ocean Avenue Street" the store, then called THOSE WHO CAN, DLE CANDLES", was featured throughout the episode. As well as having the inside of the store shown, which happens very rarely.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
there was a moment where I felt like bob's burgers was getting a little stagnant with the plots and dialogue but the last couple seasons I feel like they've re-found their form nicely.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Is the movie still happening? Any indications?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Daikloktos posted:

Is the movie still happening? Any indications?

Yes? It's still on the schedule, but there's been zero news since Disney omitted it from the post merger movie schedule on accident.

13: Three Girls and a Little Wharfy
Louise skeptically joins Jessica and fifth grader Megan in their search for Wharfy, a mythical sea monster, while Bob takes an online master class by a world-renowned chef.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Yes? It's still on the schedule, but there's been zero news since Disney omitted it from the post merger movie schedule on accident.

13: Three Girls and a Little Wharfy
Louise skeptically joins Jessica and fifth grader Megan in their search for Wharfy, a mythical sea monster, while Bob takes an online master class by a world-renowned chef.

What song was the closing credits song sung to? Recognize the melody but can’t place it.

Edit - it’s reminding me of Greetings To The New Brunette by Billy Bragg. Will have to rewatch to see if it’s just a coincidence.

Edit 2 : lol not even close.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 24, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This was another solid episode

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Everything is Bob, Bob is Everything. :aaaaa:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
I managed to catch a first season episode and it left me with the realization just how stiff the animation had become. I think someone mentioned they have to use the same software the Simpsons animators now use but it's lost in one of the five million Simpsons threads.

14: Wag the Bob
Tina competes against Gene and Louise to write a new school song for Wagstaff, but finds herself creatively stalled. Meanwhile, Bob and Linda battle blinding glare from Jimmy Pesto's new shiny steel awning across the street.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I like the first season.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
15: Yurty Rotten Scoundrels
When Gayle decides to host an artists' workshop in a yurt with only one attendee, Linda feels compelled to go to support her sister. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene lead a covert operation to find a lost cat for a cash reward.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

drat another good one

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Gail is so awful.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Found the Gail

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Found the Gail

Just lol if you don't make saliva paintings.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
16:Flat-top O'the Morning to Ya!
Bob and the kids help a down-on-his-luck restaurant owner, while Linda and Teddy get carried away with St. Patrick's Day festivities.

Judging by the cast listing, Richard Kind is your other restaurant owner.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I'm weirdly intrigued by the idea of making things Irish by putting corned beef hash in them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked the lowkey reason his BBQ joint failed was because he had no idea how to make the family sauce.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

I liked the lowkey reason his BBQ joint failed was because he had no idea how to make the family sauce.

Probably not enough Pepper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
17: Just the Trip
The family takes an unexpected road trip with Nat the limo driver.