Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Camo is ugly as poo poo zero exceptions

Swedish M90 and East German raindrop are neat-looking.

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i wear camo because i hunt the most dangerous game of all: man

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Mozi posted:

i wear camo because i hunt the most dangerous game of all: man flan

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
White guys wearing camo jorts or hoodies look like goobers but black guys make it look pretty good. Sorry but them's the breaks.

Amicus curiae
May 31, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chupacabron posted:

How old are these men? I seem to remember single-digits aged chupacabron enjoyed wearing camo but rarely see people wearing it that I trust to wash their hands before leaving the bathroom

Which I guess fits with the single-digits aged part
Old enough to have children that cut them out of their lives. They look in their 40s, at least. I think the goon who said it was on sale is the most on point in this quagmire since I see a lot mid-day, which might suggest they're unemployed (I'm unemployed).

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

JK Fresco posted:

White guys wearing camo jorts or hoodies look like goobers but black guys make it look pretty good. Sorry but them's the breaks.

I regret to inform you every single one of these ensembles are loving ugly as sin.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Me irl:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Left two are okay, but could be improved pretty easily. He's attractive enough and wearing enough wealth that it is going to take some incredibly poor fashion choices to make him look as bad as the average white guy in faded Kmart camo bought ten years and thirty pounds ago. Far right is clown stuff. Still, you are probably right that camo works fairly well on black men from fit to buff proportions.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What we really need is fashionable kevlar vests.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

you might say i'm... flantastic

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Moon Atari posted:

Left two are okay, but could be improved pretty easily. He's attractive enough and wearing enough wealth that it is going to take some incredibly poor fashion choices to make him look as bad as the average white guy in faded Kmart camo bought ten years and thirty pounds ago. Far right is clown stuff. Still, you are probably right that camo works fairly well on black men from fit to buff proportions.

Camo is ugly from a color standpoint. You can probably make it okay if it's black/red or pink/black but green/brown is a loving hideous palatte and literally only looks slightly better on darker skin because it better suits the skin tone, bit you're still dealing with fundamentally dreary and depressing fabric patterns and are better off with something else. It just looks like a bunch of unappealing visual noise. It's literally designed to look like dirt and foliage so that's what it comes off rear end, some poo poo from the ground.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Just lol if all of your clothes don't say realtree on em.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Mozi posted:

you might say i'm... flantastic

:xd:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

What we really need is fashionable kevlar vests.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

JK Fresco posted:

Now imagine this guy wearing normal clothes :swoon:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Camo is ugly from a color standpoint.

It's about more than just colour though. A ripped black man in camo pants and a tight black shirt has some 'man in uniform' and 'man of action' appeal, but with less of the redneck military meathead associations of a white dude. Compare to the leopard print on women situation. The colours aren't actually unappealing. Leopards as an animal are rocking a pretty decent look. But there are some negative associations and stereotypes of tacky leopard print clothing wearers that make it unappealing.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
Camo helps lurkers irl to lurk in the bushes ready to pounce out at you. camo should be banned imo

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Pickwick High posted:

Camo helps lurkers irl to lurk in the bushes ready to pounce out at you. camo should be banned imo

guess what

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Amicus curiae posted:

Every day I see multiple men wearing camo print.

Are they repping the military or do they like this (ugly) style? Could this be some kind of middle aged, testosterone thing?

Camo is for hiding so obviously they're cowards. This isn't rocket surgery.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I don my camo. My vape in hand. My life awash in blessings.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Moon Atari posted:

It's about more than just colour though. A ripped black man in camo pants and a tight black shirt has some 'man in uniform' and 'man of action' appeal, but with less of the redneck military meathead associations of a white dude. Compare to the leopard print on women situation. The colours aren't actually unappealing. Leopards as an animal are rocking a pretty decent look. But there are some negative associations and stereotypes of tacky leopard print clothing wearers that make it unappealing.

I purely associate uniforms and uniform fetishism with authoritarianism and people who are desirous of appearing superficially powerful in a compensating fashion so that aspect is additionally unappealing to me.
And leopard print can be trashy but hot. There is no case in which camo doesn't seem explicitly hideous to me, and the military/hunting/materialistic masculinity of them only make them that much uglier.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

I purely associate uniforms and uniform fetishism with authoritarianism and people who are desirous of appearing superficially powerful in a compensating fashion so that aspect is additionally unappealing to me.
And leopard print can be trashy but hot. There is no case in which camo doesn't seem explicitly hideous to me, and the military/hunting/materialistic masculinity of them only make them that much uglier.

You've never seem me wearing my camo muff and nothing else.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

I'm guessing all the Caribbean countries got tired of douchebag tourists wearing camo swim trunks everywhere while on their islands.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

You've never seem me wearing my camo muff and nothing else.

You have a leopard camo pubic wig?!

... Is it hot?
I mean not like sexy hot I mean does it heat your junk up and make your taint sweat uncontrollably to the point of soaking through multiple pairs of pants every single day and you have to leave work and burn PTO because you can't stop sweating your taint off

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

You have a leopard camo pubic wig?!

... Is it hot?
I mean not like sexy hot I mean does it heat your junk up and make your taint sweat uncontrollably to the point of soaking through multiple pairs of pants every single day and you have to leave work and burn PTO because you can't stop sweating your taint off

I do have preternaturally wet balls, yes.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i'm lolling p. hard at the idea of someone's masculinity being so fragile they call their tie dye shirt "camo"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's camo af at a Fish concert

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The traditional dress of my people

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

I once knew a guy who would wear bright pink camo pants. Easily some of the most hideous pants I've ever seen. The dude was college-aged too. Terrible fashion transcends age and time.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I saw a camo baby carrier yesterday.

Yeah dude, definitely need your tactical quick release to launch your infant at any incoming threat.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

JK Fresco posted:

yeah but we look good in literally anything

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Plus you have to factor in all the camo wearers you can't see because they blend in so well.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Hate to ruin the magic op but your local Walmart had a sale, and those camo pants are priced to move

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Not gonna lie, most people dress ridiculously.
But wear what makes you happy. Imma still judge you, but my opinion shouldn't matter to you. You do you, and be happy doing it.

<---- wardrobe consists almost entirely of black t-shirts and jeans.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 30, 2019

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Plus you have to factor in all the camo wearers you can't see because they blend in so well.

hell yeah let's make this joke thirty or forty more times and call it a day

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

the joke is camouflaged too

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
We should crowd source the best consumer items for camo jorts guys.

1. Oakleys.
2. Modded vape rig.
3. Lowered 98 Honda Civic
4. Skillet CD stuck in the stereo.

Amicus curiae
May 31, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shamino posted:

Just lol if all of your clothes don't say realtree on em.

The only camo shirt I'd wear and that's respectable

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

blue lives matter truck decal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I feel like the only way to get away with camo jorts is if it's 1998 and you are a fervent drum and bass fan.