Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
how bout if I start firin' lasers up therrr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

bagmonkey posted:

https://du-records.myshopify.com

it's live

get your wears

unfortunately no shibanachi designs

Nice, went ahead and bought the USB since I've probably listened to all of this junk for free and it'd be nice if Mummy Napkins got some money for all that entertainment they've provided me.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gonz posted:

He’s gonna be pumpin’ iron for three days straight and eating raw meat.

He'll get everything sorted when he checks out

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
It really is interesting going back to those calls from when LPC was just a kid and how his voice wasn't too different from his adult one. Like his friend who helped in some was very obviously a kid, but he sounded like he was at least 20.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gonz posted:

I’d watch this TV show.

Lloyd just needs help moving some rope across state lines

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I don't really like the ones where he's essentially threatening people or creeping them out. To me the best ones are where he is just outright bewildering people or really getting them in on a long game like when he tells the kid he's going to have a video game tournament and the kid starts talking about how he can pwn n00bs

Yeah, that's fair. It's also okay if you're not into the stuff where he's annoying people at work by repeatedly calling them.

The only time I remember him talking to a kid about videogames was the classified ad one though. Funny enough, if that's the one you're talking about that's one he felt was too mean spirited, because it was getting a kid's hope up.

I think general consensus is the stuff where he's being goofy and just confusing the people are best, but especially some of the people he kept calling were assholes like the police reporter dude who deserved to be a little mad.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

JAMOOOL posted:

finally listened to his most recent and genuinely wondering if the dude on the last track actually knows LPC personally but doesn't know what he does for a living. "I know a guy who talks just like you"....who talks like LPC??

speaking of pretty wild to hear the track with old calls in it, just to notice how much his voice has changed. it's not even a gradual thing, the first 5 or 6 volumes he sounds pretty young, then suddenly he's got the voice he has now...? it's almost like two different people.

As someone else said, I think you're mixing him up with the buddy who called with him in some of the early stuff and was obviously a kid. He's always had the LPC voice. That said, a bunch of the tracks in the 'middle era' use material from his 80's and 90's calls he didn't use in the original releases or sometimes edited a bit differently. So that would explain why you might have noticed a drastic sudden change in his voice around 2010, if you were listening to his volumes without any old material included.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MrQwerty posted:

it has a nice air of mystery to the whole thing because he evidently knows all this poo poo somehow

Pulling back the curtain a little, he did mention at the documentary screening some of his targets were fed to him by others, especially once he started getting some underground fame. So he could have been told those details.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Hot Stunt posted:

Got a nice package today

It's a cool usb! I like the pdf linenotes it came with.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
if it makes you feel better the poster came drenched in Tasmanian syrup COD

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I wish people who were fooled by stuff when they were dumb and young didn't feel the need to let everyone know they're very smary and not falling for anything anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

mutantIke posted:

Indie horror game Home Security Hotline has a recurring prank caller character that's a pretty obvious LPC pastiche. Good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbGg1bp7Ft0

Those are pretty good fake LPC calls.