Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

I've looked at the first 2 videos in op and they are not very good. In fact one could say they are very bad.

I'm a hang glider, I've got a retro style, and I need some photographs taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

For some ungodly reason a Crank Yankers reboot just dropped and it's boring as poo poo because nobody answers their phones anymore so they mostly have to call businesses and thanks to call monitoring people are too professional and restrained now to actually get angry at the callers so it's mostly just millionaire gen x comedians doing bits to depressed schlubs making just above minimum wage.

https://tv.avclub.com/crank-yankers-crawls-out-of-the-past-wisely-leaves-one-1838375350

the original run was no different

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Ralph Hurley posted:

I’m always amazed by how many people never catch on that he’s using a voice effect even as he starts sounding like Max Headroom in space, wildly fluctuating between chipmunk and Satan and they still think they just have a “bad connection” and earnestly try to make sense of what he’s saying.

Also some people really need to settle down with threatening to shoot someone the second they get annoyed over the phone. Sometimes I worry about the safety of actual UPS drivers showing up at these angry lunatic’s homes.

phones lines are super low fidelity, the people he calls are hearing something way different from the audio that gets pump directly into an expensive recording setup.

also a lot of the super angry people are places that he's clearly called a ton of times already and then only put the last few on the cd.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

kolby posted:

I call him Manny...Mayonnaise for short.

he loves it

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Ralph Hurley posted:

Lol. I think that shitfaced “coding boot camp” graduate girl delivered the best comeback in the history of LPC calls.

“If you show up on my lawn with your hose, I’m gonna send 20 boot camp graduates after you and they’re gonna code your rear end so hard you’re never gonna walk again.”

she's saying "code your app so hard", op.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
This is Dirk, put Josh on

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The people that get roped along are funny and all, but my favourite is the ones that go from 0-11 angerwise in 6 seconds flat.

a lot of those are pretty obviously people he's called tons of times in the past. he just edits out the buildup so it seems like the person is just a lunatic flipping out for no reason.

good example is the rope call where the guy goes ballistic the moment he hears the name "lloyd wabbit"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

the super nintendo track always felt weird to me cause an old dude telling a suicidal child to walk to his house for a free nintendo feels less like ha ha prank phone call and more like someone grooming a kid. i get that thats the joke but uhhhh

I think about the kid saying "I plan to be... dead when I grow up" a lot.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
digital goober?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Fuckin' pussy. You gonna play the cymbal off my face?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Kerry King... a Slayer

it's kerry king of slayer, op. as in the band

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I'll be in a hot air balloon at that time.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
you're outta your mind, stretchy

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Mayonnaise, I call him for short. He loves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

there is no way this guy wasn't playing along after he figured out it was a prank

he even drops a few refs to older lpc calls ("taurus judge")