Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
you will be commanded to testify before artie yamamoto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
one of my favorite moments is
- we're musical gnomes...
- did you just call a minute ago
- no (sped up yelp identical from a minute ago) HOOOOOOH!!
- yes you did

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Inzombiac posted:

What's the one where he threatens a guy with "I'm gonna come over there, lift you up and put you down about 75 times"?

"Ey this is Brent. Whassuhhhp..ugghhhhhgghghhhhghghh"
This has been on hard rotation in my mind recently while carrying my baby around the house. I'm fixin' to lift you up and put you down about 75 times a day. I also started ending my sentences with his guttural ughghhhhgh-ing.

I also like how the guy telling him to gently caress off keeps picking up when he calls back repeatedly, and weirdly acting more and more friendly to LPC even as he tells him to gently caress off, shut his bitch rear end up, etc.

"Immana lift 200 pooouugughhhhhhhhghgghndsughhhhh"

"My last name's Bump!"

That 1-2-3 combo - the crime lab guy "either weed or pot", Brent Bump, and the belligerent Food and Friends/fingerling potatoes call... LPC 14 Medley is an absolute all timer.

just smush yer goop all up 'n' daughhnnnnn
the top of the guacamole is by far the creamiest

Deep Glove Bruno fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 16, 2020

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
y'into doo-wop, man?

uhhh mildly... I can dig it

it's a fad, brooo aatotalfaaaaaaaaddddd(dissolving into insane feedback)

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

bagmonkey posted:

That list is missing my personal favorite, Cornelius Fiddlebone. Dirk Funk comes in hot at 2nd.

it has got "cornelius" with no surname.

i can't find artie yamamoto, a personal favorite of mine

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Brent Bump. That guy can lift some frickin' weights.

My last name's Bump!

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
it's not even a joke per se but alex jones' voicemail outgoing playing in the middle of the rudy call is so funny

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Chrpno posted:

Our sale price is firm.... REAL FIRM

(LSD echo) awwwwrrrighggggghtttt

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I don't want to see how he looks. I have a picture of Frederick Frick from Wallet Size Wildfaar in my mind and it is not the same picture as Heywood from Food & Friends.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
y'into doo-wop man?
's a fad, a total faaaaaddddd (dissolves into insane distortion)

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i didn't read the article but i have to assume he was mercilessly pranked into retirement, blaming his mystery phone tormentors for the end of his career as a record guy

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Inzombiac posted:

I'm gonna lift you up and put you down about seventy five times.

my last name's bump!

imana bump you onto the grouuund imana lift two hundred poundsawwrighttttgghhhhhh

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

mark immune posted:

i shared this in phiz a while back, but here's a 24/7 longmont stream i made
http://longmont.stream:8000/radio.mp3

the Longest Mont

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Riptor posted:

I'm an old corn cob pipe smoker
i'm seventy five years oldughhhh

i'm a boatmaster in shreveport louisiana

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Who has more wealth, Gomez or Bernard Fuddle?

i need to talk to Gomez, and stuff...

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
was reading an article on the pioneering plunderphonics (illegal sampling) album "deconstructing beck", an album made entirely of 90s beck samples.

it was talking about how legal threats from geffen probably made the project more popular, and weirdly there's a citation from a longmont potion castle call i haven't heard.

apparently in LPC 4 he calls beck's lawyer and pretends to be the bassist from Collective Soul, complains for ages about how much his own band sucks (lol), and gets the lawyer on the record that beck instructed them not to follow through on their legal threats against Deconstructing Beck because he didn't care. LPC doing some obscure hard hitting journalism.

I think this was around the time LPC played live with Negativland (aka the OG getting sued for blatant uncleared sampling art projects band) and apparently Negativland helped distribute the Deconstructing Beck album, so that might explain the call.

Cool lore

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
about seventy five times

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
still telling my child constantly "yer gonna feel my grip/gonna pick ya up and put ya down about 75 times"
and "gonna come atcha like a jag-wire bud"

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Chrpno posted:

Our prices are firm

REAL FIRM

awwwwrighhhh

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Riptor posted:

I'm an old corn cob pipe smoker

i'm seventy five years oldddduuughhhh

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
for me it's brent bump (my last name's bump!) cause it's my favorite call, but if you're including third party names "you will be commanded to testify before artie yamamoto" takes it because that statement as a whole is so funny to me

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Gonz posted:

If you got a gumball in your mouth, just spit it out. This is the time to make your voice count, just skip the mushmouth business, okay guy?

We're gonna be looking for some real candid responses about your weight, any odors you might have, and so forth, okay?

I want the Heywood from Food & Friends hero portrait

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Chrpno posted:

WHY YOU YELLOW RAT BASTARD, COME ON DOWN TO DA BAR

oops sorry, wrong prank call legend

I'LL CUT YA BELLY OFF YOU DIRTY ROTTEN RAT BASTARD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Junk posted:

i like the variation of this from the book store call

"can you tell me the phone number up there?"
"the one you just called!"
"yeah, I didn't see what I was doing"

is this the "i think we're getting punked by Kinokuniya" call? i love that one just for that line