Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How mad are you going to get when I call your favorite Pokemon unviable?
5: I will set the entire cloud ablaze with the heat of my rage!!!
4: I will be quite rankled, and will have no problem telling you as much!
3: I'll be a little upset, and might debate you on it.
2: Disappointed, but I know my faves are bad.
1: I don't know gently caress about poo poo.
View Results

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
good username imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Powerful username.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

But can it rawk the hawk?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I'd say your new username is Pmush Perfect!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Omnicrom posted:

I'd say your new username is Pmush Perfect!
:rimshot:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Route 31: We Might Be In For A One-Sided Affair

Next on the list of obstacles is the Poké Cup, allowing Pokemon from levels 50 to 55, with a maximum combined team level of 155. Again, we'll be taking the easy way and using teams of two 50s and a 55.

Unlike the Pika and Petit Cups, the Poke Cup and Prime Cup have multiple tournaments of increasing difficulty. The first round, PokéBall is...

I'll be honest, I've spent the better part of a month trying to care enough about what happened to write some kind of vaguely-entertaining update about it.

How about we just skip that.

The most interesting thing that's happened between the end of the last update and this one is that I've changed my SA username from PMush Perfect to girl dick energy.

It's a very good username.

Next Time on Multi-Track Battling: Our team, and some Pokemon who might actually be able to threaten them.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 4, 2021

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Metronome Juggler owns.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

Metronome Juggler owns.
Good news! He's a recurring opponent.

Edit:

I don't think it counts as fanart if you do it for your own LP, but I made it anyways.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 4, 2021

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Tackling the later rounds of the PokeCup and PrimeCup is probably the most fun part of the game. The early rounds not so much.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

WrightOfWay posted:

Metronome Juggler owns.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

WrightOfWay posted:

Metronome Juggler owns.

Though I'm not sure why he has that Gastly since it doesn't have Metronome.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I didn't know Hitmonchan could learn Metronome.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I think everything can learn Metronome. I remember playing Stadium as a kid with a Metronome team and I got Snorlax to use Fly.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

WrightOfWay posted:

Metronome Juggler owns.
There is also at least one cup where Metronome Juggler is the first opponent you face, and everything is strictly Metronome only :getin:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cythereal posted:

I think everything can learn Metronome. I remember playing Stadium as a kid with a Metronome team and I got Snorlax to use Fly.

Nope! Only 28 Pokemon in Gen 1 can learn Metronome. Due to its original name (Wag Finger) nothing without fingers can learn it, for one. Even some things with fingers can't: none of the starters can learn it (despite the Charmander and Squirtle lines having perfectly usable fingers) and, weirdly enough, Haunter can't despite having hands and Gengar being able to learn it.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Dear Hitmonchan,

How do you Wag Finger with boxing gloves on?

Crapfully yours,

MelvinBison

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MelvinBison posted:

Dear Hitmonchan,

How do you Wag Finger with boxing gloves on?

Crapfully yours,

MelvinBison
same way as you do without the gloves on, you just can't tell from looking at it :colbert:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Just popping in to say I enjoyed reading this and am impressing my friends with gen1 pokeknowledge

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

Just popping in to say I enjoyed reading this and am impressing my friends with gen1 pokeknowledge
I want friends who are impressed by my Gen PokeKnowledge. :eng99:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

girl dick energy posted:

We're all friends here :unsmith:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

sorry my friends are impressed with your gen 1 knowledge but I took full credit for it and they will never know my deception

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

We're all Pokefriends on this blessed day.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Multi-Track Battling is going on a 2-3 month hiatus again while I focus on the Four Job Fiesta. What's the Four Job Fiesta? Why, I'm glad you asked.

Because I'm starting a new LP to show you how it works.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

That's fair.

FlamingRok
Jan 14, 2013

The ultimate power is clearly roses.
Fiesta is good times, look forward to both that LP and the return of this one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I cannot resist the siren song of the Fiesta.

"Hey, GDE, wanna play a classic Final Fantasy game with cool, weird mechanics?"
"Yeah, but there are a lot of those."
"Wanna do it for charity?"
"... :black101:"

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Not even upset, Fiesta time is always a good time.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

In the meantime, if you want to learn more about how hosed up gen 1's mechanics are to the point of wondering how it got released and thrived onwards, you may check out this.*

*some of this got fixed in Stadium and there may be even more hosed up things discovered afterward.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

FASSLP strikes again

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think I've finally realized/accepted what's keeping me from finishing this. The back half of what I have planned, making teams and going through all the footage and editing and writing required to spend several months talking about foregone conclusions just isn't as interesting to me, definitely not enough to sustain how much work writing updates for this LP takes. For the sake of not losing what I have finished, I think I'm going to accept what I have now as a complete LP. I'll be skimming through the existing updates, proofreading as well as removing certain references to the aborted plans for the second half (as well as adding information I was holding off for that) and then submitting the LP for archival.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

That's fair, and I'd much rather see a shorter completed project than a more ambitious abandoned one. Thank you for the LP!

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug

girl dick energy posted:

I think I've finally realized/accepted what's keeping me from finishing this. The back half of what I have planned, making teams and going through all the footage and editing and writing required to spend several months talking about foregone conclusions just isn't as interesting to me, definitely not enough to sustain how much work writing updates for this LP takes.

Does that mean none of the planned teams were going to make much headway through the cups?

In any case, congratulations on beating Fasslp!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MelvinBison posted:

Does that mean none of the planned teams were going to make much headway through the cups?
Oh, no, the opposite problem. I already know I'd just be writing a dozen updates about how this overpowered team wrecked shop in the Poke Cup and then that overpowered team wrecked shop in the Prime Cup, and so on and so forth. The only really fun thing I'd be doing, which I might do as a final goodbye side update is beat Mewtwo with six weak Bug types.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Ah okay that makes more sense.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

The only really fun thing I'd be doing, which I might do as a final goodbye side update is beat Mewtwo with six weak Bug types.

Do it! I can't imagine that sort of thing being anything short of a bloodbath.

Slightly more seriously, it's been interesting to see a hard breakdown of the gen 1 Pokémon and their stats, especially with some regards to PVP. There's always a lot going on under the hood, and your summaries are a good bite-sized breakdown of how each Pokémon might perform. I honestly never would have even thought of Chansey or Tauros as being OU (although Snorlax is less a surprise because, well, Snorlax is great).

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It's a shame to see it end like this but at the same time it's very understandable. I hope you'll do the Mewtwo update, though, that'd be a great send off and really feel like this whole project came to a good end.

It was a good LP, thank you gde

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The final victory of FASSLP

Good LP though

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Real question: Will you ever do the Johto games and tier listing for those pokemon :P

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Real question: Will you ever do the Johto games and tier listing for those pokemon :P
Nah. Someone else is/was doing a similar challenge for that already, and I've got several other games I want to LP instead of a sequel to one I burnt out on several times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I am still glad this thread showed more people the wonders of stadium nicknames, the best part of stadium after the minigames and announcer :buddy:

Only registered members can see post attachments!