Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How mad are you going to get when I call your favorite Pokemon unviable?
5: I will set the entire cloud ablaze with the heat of my rage!!!
4: I will be quite rankled, and will have no problem telling you as much!
3: I'll be a little upset, and might debate you on it.
2: Disappointed, but I know my faves are bad.
1: I don't know gently caress about poo poo.
View Results

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Hey , y'all. Pulled a muscle in my arm the other day, and it's not quite better yet. Updates delayed until I can use both hands to type again.

Is there some kind of anti-curse? Like, if I make an oath to not start a LP, will I win the lottery or something?

In all seriousness, get well soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

gourdcaptain posted:

I got so lost in them as a kid even with a strategy guide map I gave up, dug out, flew to Palette Town, and surfed south from there to Cinnibar.

Wait, is that not the intended way?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

MagusofStars posted:

The purple "illegal" seem to be for the cups which are level-restricted. In other words, PMush can't use the Rapidash line in the level 25 category because the lowest level Ponyta you can legitimately catch is like ~30 or something (and obviously Rapidash itself is out since it evolves at 40).

The black "illegal" appear to be version-exclusives which PMush can't get because Electabuzz doesn't exist in Blue.

This doesn't apply to Rapidash (or all Pokemon for that matter), but with Gen 2's Time capsule, would it be possible to have, say, a level 10 Ponyta and compete that way, or would the game detect it in any way? No Gen 2 moves or items or anything, just a baseline level 5 Ponyta

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

...there are a lot of species I haven't shown off yet.

Edit: Show of hands, if I was to make part 2 of the LP about styling on Round 2, should I have access to:

A) Just the Blue version stuff, but with infinite TMs
B) All RBY resources, with infinite TMs
C) Full access to everything possibly legal in Gen 1, including event Pokemon and tradebacks from Gen 2

That's going to be a C from me. Sure original RBY had some stuff, but I want to see what nonsense one can get into when including Gen 2 in the list, just for shenanigans

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh God, six years ago. I’m old.

Right. The people who made the simulators didn’t know that, so the effect could still be applied. It was only once dataminers found proof that no, actually, it doesn’t work that way, that simulators were changed to reflect the truth.

I'm kind of surprised it took looking at the code (if I understood data mining correctly) to figure it out, considering that, with how many people like Pokemon so intensely, someone would've thought to try to brute force it earlier

Edit: VV wasn't one of those combinations determined to legitimately work?

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 6, 2021