Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alcyon
Mar 9, 2010

Interesting thread. I wondered if any of could share some of your experiences on the process of being diagnosed (as an adult). What did it entail and how did it make you feel (not the diagnosis but the process itself).

I am going through the process myself atm (at age 43) and the whole affair is making me very anxious. In my case the diagnosis consists of a series of talks with a psych. I know it is stupid but I am very afraid of doing it ‘wrong’, masking too much and inadvertently giving the wrong answers. Both my parents are long gone and the only info on my childhood are my own (very subjective) memories of it. (random example: when asked if am am structured or not, I tend to search for the few examples where I am rigid, but ignore the myriad of ways my life is super chaotic.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU