Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

codswallop posted:

E: I realised I didn't even ask you a question! How difficult do you find it making eye contact with other people when talking? Now Gary's been diagnosed he's relaxed about trying to cover up his autistic traits, so he doesn't bother making eye contact with family other than this kids any more.

I figured I'll give my take on the eye contact question as well.

Maintaining eye contact feels a lot like trying to balance on a smooth slippery stone or trying to hold two magnets together the wrong way.
I can do it if I really focus but then my gaze just veers off on its own.

The compromise that I was taught is to either look between their eyes, or at their forehead or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If I shave they start asking me for my ID at the liquor store, because of my babyface. If I don't then they don't.