Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I'm a musical instrument teacher who just got a new student (5 years old) with autism. He's only been to lessons twice so far, so I didn't really get to know him, yet. I'm definitely going to have to go through a lot of trial and error to find out what approach works for him. Does anybody here have experience with learning instruments and what was important/successful for them? I'm mostly interested in what methods helped you to be able to focus on a particular task.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Bank posted:

I met with some of my wife's acquaintances who I don't consider myself close to. I think we've had a total of 5 conversations lasting more than 30 seconds.

My wife and I met up with her and her husband at some event where we just passed by. Before she left she came by to say goodbye and came in for a hug. I never even shook this person's hand before and we are on some hugging basis now?

Is hugging a diluted salutation now, or am I just weird for thinking it's weird? If this were high school and we were both single I would think differently of this whole situation.

Usually, shaking hands is for business life and hugging is for private life - but it depends 100% on the cultural upbringing of the people, so don’t worry if it’s confusing. It can be confusing to anyone.

Look at kissing on the cheek etiquette in various Mediterranean countries - that’s a highly complicated science with many regional variations :v: