Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Strength is always bad

Mobility and Recovery are always good

Resilience is useful at 8+ but doesn't matter much at all

Discipline or Intellect will be important based on your subclass (example, double grenade striker titan wants discipline, but the other fist of havoc tree wants Intellect)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You want 100 recovery first then get mobility and resilience

https://i.imgur.com/5AwH8YF.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or wear the highest stat armor you have (hint: season track armor) and don't sweat it because that will make you mad at how bungie distributes gear and no one needs that stress.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just tell DIM to make me the best loadout I can have with Dunemarchers and no more than 18 Strength or whatever the literal minimum is. Seriously, the "Loadout Optimizer" is a game changer and makes the armor system effortless

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 5, 2020

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i really need to start paying actual attention to armor stats in this game. i'm usually too lazy to do anything but highest light level, and gently caress maintaining an entire separate set of armor for pvp (even with DIM this is annoying)

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I just tell DIM to make me the best loadout I can have with Dunemarchers and no more than 18 Strength or whatever the literal minimum is. Seriously, the "Loadout Optimizer" is a game changer and makes the armor system effortless

ok i didn't know DIM could optimize for specific armor stats i should try that

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Good to know, thanks.

Spwaking of crucible, whats the stat i should focus as Titan, what is second?

Recovery >= Mobility > Resilience > everything else.

(Resilience is weird in crucible because everything does so much damage and people frequently headshot; there's a few breakeven points where X resilience is the difference between dying in 3 shots and dying in 4.)

Don't stress stats right now, though. A week from now, we'll all be dealing with new exotics and new armor sets and figuring out what the new meta looks like, and grinding out stat sets is probably not a good use of time right now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

abraham linksys posted:

i really need to start paying actual attention to armor stats in this game. i'm usually too lazy to do anything but highest light level, and gently caress maintaining an entire separate set of armor for pvp (even with DIM this is annoying)

ok i didn't know DIM could optimize for specific armor stats i should try that

It's ridiculously slick and useful. Tell it you want a loadout with a specific exotic, at least 8 mobility, no more than 2 strength, exactly 5 intellect, only gear with 1360 cap, etc. and it'll give you exactly what you want!

ullerrm posted:

grinding out stat sets is probably not a good use of time right now.

I mean this isn't really a thing, right? You don't log on to grind armor, you just get it constantly by doing whatever you're doing. When I get a piece of armor, I instantly dismantle it unless it has a base state total of 61+, Excluding Strength

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 5, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Check out my pixar mom

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Strength is always bad

disagree for devour warlocks

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kesper North posted:

disagree for devour warlocks

Less useful than all 5 other stats even for Devour Warlocks. Get your Nezarec or Verity's Brow procs from grenades & void weapons, and let Momentum Transfer get your melee back as needed! More Strength literally decreases the effectiveness of Momentum Transfer/Nezarec. Even builds that use the meleee ability (especially builds that use their melee ability, honestly) want to skip Strength and recharge the ability from some other source.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Just use monte carlo or Traveler's Chosen

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Like I am the most Titan dude for like eight miles and even I think strength is the dump stat

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah it's just bad design. The more you use your melee ability, the less you rely on Strength?

It really needs to do something in addition to cooldown. Maybe shorten the time between melees? That would probably be too good.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I toyed with the idea of increased lunge distance but that would also probably be too good

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just double how fast it recharges your melee ability, boom hire me bungie.

Like if 100 strength gave you a throwing knife every 15 seconds people might actually consider it (I think 100 strength right now is a 30 second cooldown).

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tmog stuff isn't coming with Beyond Light, right? Like it's coming a little later?

I was grabbing armors from the various planetary vendors since I figured I aught to have them in collections before they go away. Was getting excited at the prospect of it being easier to slap together outfits.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sometime later in Y4 but will pull from collections so you haven't wasted your time

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Release date is fully TBD and also keep in mind it's a source of monetization, so don't expect to just be able to Press F to Transmog. Probably a steep bright dust cost per individual Transmog event

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i Will continue to be a pixar mom at any cost

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
gonna pay to wear the ego talon set permanently and be nude everywhere else.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if the transmog system requires any sort of cost and effort to reapply to individual items of gear then it's going to be a loving disaster

otoh if they just did something like ffxiv's glamor plates, i'd grumble but be sort of okay with paying some bright dust cost to create a "set" that i can reapply to my character as many times as i want

suspect it'll be somewhere in between these and no one will be happy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

abraham linksys posted:

if the transmog system requires any sort of cost and effort to reapply to individual items of gear then it's going to be a loving disaster

otoh if they just did something like ffxiv's glamor plates, i'd grumble but be sort of okay with paying some bright dust cost to create a "set" that i can reapply to my character as many times as i want

suspect it'll be somewhere in between these and no one will be happy

i have no idea what that's like but if it's like pay X currency to make item available for transmog (unlimited applications) that seems fair

The wow version is the more fun version IMO

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

IIRC the cost is going to specifically on turning an existing thing into a universal ornament.

I still kind of wish we could just have cosmetic slots so we could permanently look like something and not have to worry about reapply ornament & shader every time we get a new piece of gear that is one light higher.

e: Not going to lie, it's going to be dumb if they make the system really push people to the monetizaion side. I've said it before, but I feel like Bungie should just pick if they want to make a f2p game fueled by micro, or a game that has periodic paid updates, rather then slowly creeping into a sucky middle ground where more and more fun stuff is being relegated to paid extras while you also pay for gameplay additions.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 5, 2020

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Bungie keeps stressing that the transmog "resources" (they insist on the plural) will be farmable ingame, which I think precludes bright dust.

Doesn't mean it still wont be exorbitant starting out, but it will probably be more involved than dust.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Transmog tokens will drop like candy from ultra grandmaster elite nightfalls and have a 0.001% drop rate from every other activity.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

GMs can drop carbon shafts to pair with the golf balls!

I do wonder if they'll make it one time applications or a permanent ornament. The latter would be great but then we'd all ask for permanent shaders too.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

giving players 1 in the later stages of the season pass would be nice too.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Made this to settle an argument

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

And I must concede defeat as I draw my Jotunn and realise i have become that which I hate, a Hand Cannon user.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Oxyclean posted:

Tmog stuff isn't coming with Beyond Light, right? Like it's coming a little later?

Probably the final seasonal DLC, if at all. Bungie is glacially slow, and if they can't figure out a way to monetize it in the most hamfisted way possible it'll just be thrown out.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
hot take, i think maxing out resilience is amazing in crucible on Titan, because you get your barricade more often.

14s cooldown barricade means you effectively get infinite barricades - with Heart of Inmost Light, that can mean your magnetic grenades one-shot people. With Citan's Ramparts you get a one-way barricade you can shoot people through. Khepri's horn fires a devastating solar blast (it's really quite good - i think there's another goon that uses some y1 armor to get a 9s cooldown barricade to spam this).

edit: also with trying out maximum strength, i can tell you that, for about the same investment, you could get maximum discipline, and grenades are far, far more effective and useful than your average melee ability. They have the exact same cooldown. The only time I aim for 100 str is if I'm trying to gimmick out a 100 disc/str build to make use of Crown of Tempests or other exotics that key off of ability kills to keep themselves rolling.

Sestze fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Nov 5, 2020

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Take is lukewarm at best, imo. Res good.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

VodeAndreas posted:

And I must concede defeat as I draw my Jotunn and realise i have become that which I hate, a Hand Cannon user.

would you consider handcannons if you could dual wield them vode?

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Eej posted:

Made this to settle an argument

jotunn is a sniper

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49751

- Quest Archive terminal in the tower. For discarded quests and where you can get the revamped New Light quest

- Monument to Lost Lights Exotic Archive - for "Exotics and Legendary Pinnacle/Pursuit weapons that were once available through now-retired quests. As many of these Exotics were tied to lengthy quests or difficult objectives, we wanted to make sure their prices reflected those previous efforts. Players will need an amount of Glimmer, destination materials, masterworking materials, and an Exotic Cipher or Ascendant Shard in order to purchase the Exotic or Legendary which they desire. We’re also introducing a currency, Spoils of Conquest, which can only be acquired when completing raids. This currency will be required for Exotics previously tied to Vaulted raids."

- Exotic Ciphers will be in Season Pass as well as from a weekly Xur quest

Crucible

Trials of Osiris
Trials of Osiris Power level requirement increased to 1210.
Added ADEPT weapons and weapon mods to Flawless chest rewards.
Additional information here (link TWAB).
Maps
Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Altar of Flame.
Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Exodus Blue.
Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Cauldron.

Player Identity

Login screens now have a dark background.
Updated the full-screen menus to have a dark background style.
Player waypoints now display Season Rank, HUD waypoints.
Added toggle functionality to the character screen, allowing the player to make a choice between Light and Dark subclasses.
Character screen visuals updated depending on player choice between Light and Dark.

Character Creation

Changed selection from "Male" & "Female" to "Masculine" & "Feminine."
Guardian head and hair models have been replaced with improved versions.
Several color swatches have been changed to better represent the applied color.
Player’s previous head selections are still used.

Misc 

Fixed a bug that prevented online friends from showing up in the roster on Stadia for players with more than 100 friends. 
Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented players from earning progress on bounties when joining an activity in progress. 
This most notably impacted Iron Banner bounties and could cause players to have their Artifact Power bonus enabled during Iron Banner matches. 

A few Sandbox changes that we missed in our Sandbox preview

Traveler's Chosen
Reduced muzzle flash intensity.
Point of the Stag
Increased Point of the Stag's Max Power Level to 1310.
Divinity
Fixed a bug that prevented some weapons from dealing precision damage to the Divinity cage (e.g. Eriana's Vow).
Hunter Dodge
Increased Hunter's Dodge cooldown by a few seconds.
(E.g. Tier 4, old cooldown: 22 sec. New cooldown: 26 sec.)
Anti-Champion Mods
Anti-barrier rounds will now penetrate Taken Phalanx shields.
All Anti-Champion mods have been shifted to armor, rather than taking a weapon mod slot.
Orbs of Light have been changed to Orbs of Power as they can now be consumed by Light and Dark subclasses.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

quote:

All Anti-Champion mods have been shifted to armor, rather than taking a weapon mod slot.
:h:

I'd rather not have them be mods in the first place, but this is a step in the right direction.

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.
Haven't played in a year or so, my favorite part of Destiny 2 was the PVP. Just wondering if the hacker problem is just as bad as before (was thinking of picking up the new DLC when it comes out)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Let me put Counterbalance Mods on my gloves, you fuckin fucks

Hunter Dodge getting nerfed is unexpected

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hope they put removed catalysts into the exotic terminal thingy. But the lack of mention of that has me assuming Ill just be stuck without.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Hope they put removed catalysts into the exotic terminal thingy. But the lack of mention of that has me assuming Ill just be stuck without.

Which sucks because the telesto catalyst is what really makes the gun special.

Not that I have it, but I've seen footage!!