Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Xii posted:

Haven't played in a year or so, my favorite part of Destiny 2 was the PVP. Just wondering if the hacker problem is just as bad as before (was thinking of picking up the new DLC when it comes out)

The teleporting poo poo stopped but aimbots are still pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Let me put Counterbalance Mods on my gloves, you fuckin fucks

Hunter Dodge getting nerfed is unexpected

Unexpected, Understandable, kinda sucks, but a bunch of new mobility tools are coming in BL so whatever

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Anyway, new thread tomorrow probably.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

You’re not my mom.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

Hope they put removed catalysts into the exotic terminal thingy. But the lack of mention of that has me assuming Ill just be stuck without.

Believe they said they'll be coming back the season following BL's release, or at the very least they'll have more info. On a totally unrelated note, I finally got my Huckleberry catalyst after like 20 heroic adventures in the past couple weeks, so I'm leaving old thread on a good note. Bring on the New New Light Thread.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

RocketRaygun posted:

Are we unifying the console and PC threads, or is that a bridge too far?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I say you can only post in the thread if you're getting at least 60fps

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I appreciate that the PC thread will allow us filthy next-gen players in too.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

CottonWolf posted:

Are we unifying the console and PC threads, or is that a bridge too far?

Nah. There are people who post in the console thread who are not allowed to post here on account of relentlessly console flamewarring. These threadbans happened long before I was made IK.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RocketRaygun posted:

Nah. There are people who post in the console thread who are not allowed to post here on account of relentlessly console flamewarring. These threadbans happened long before I was made IK.

Frankly they should be banned from the console thread too or maybe the forums in general so maybe we should take this up the chain of command. :v:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Honestly, I just want a good healthy thread like this one has been for the last few days.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RocketRaygun posted:

There are people who post in the console thread

Whoa you're just gonna log on and start posting lies?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

There's also a legit issue with merging the threads tbh - Destiny straight up plays differently on console vs PC because they took bloom off a bunch of weapons on the PC version, on top of the obvious framerate bullshit like early era 1KV.

I remember we had a ton problems around launch time because people were giving PC advice to console and vice versa and because goons are goons there was anger about it.

Kinda sucks that the game is that way tbh.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 6, 2020

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah even if new consoles have 60 fps and fov stuff the recoil differences have us playing different games. I tried console and playing with a controller on PC and it felt so different (I almost want to say bad).

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

RBX posted:

I tried console and playing with a controller on PC and it felt so different (I almost want to say bad).

It's just extremely different. I have no strong opinions on it because both control systems are extremely well made and tuned, but they are miles apart in terms of how they feel.

Frankly, it's loving impressive that they pulled that off.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i briefly played destiny pc with a controller when i had a bad desk setup and i really didn't mind, even found i was doing just as well in pvp (re: still very bad) as before. i'd kinda like to try the console version some time just to see what's different

i wonder what on earth stadia uses, given that i'm pretty sure it supports both KBM and controller

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

CottonWolf posted:

I appreciate that the PC thread will allow us filthy next-gen players in too.

Well hey there friend

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/1324506834523226112

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Are we still doing fashion posting? Because now that FotL is over, I think I have my outfit sorted :v:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

You were just waiting so you could pose with that brand new Izanagi

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Psycho Landlord posted:

Also that! I'm a sucker for Father of Islands :v:

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Psycho Landlord posted:

dont gunshame

Calus shaders are good shaders in a regal sense.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcQTeh01x2Y

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Making all anti champion mods armor mods is cool and good and makes a crap ton of exotics suddenly viable again in Grandmasters.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No, it says "Janes"

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Psycho Landlord posted:

you'll never guess which one of these is T1g4h, from way back when

https://giant.gfycat.com/LividApprehensiveAegeancat.webm

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

anglachel posted:

Making all anti champion mods armor mods is cool and good and makes a crap ton of exotics suddenly viable again in Grandmasters.

On the other hand Unstoppable Hand Cannon + Eriana's Vow would actually decrease loadout variation

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Eej posted:

On the other hand Unstoppable Hand Cannon + Eriana's Vow would actually decrease loadout variation

Maybe. But a few things come to mind. First. Theres no guarantee unstoppable will always be the seasonal mod for hand cannons. Second it wouldnt shock me if you cant stack anti champion stuff given the number of weird bugs that have gone on with those mods. And lastly you dont need more than 2 of a anti champion mod on a GM and lots of teams only run 1 unstoppable even on GMs so the third fireteam member can run whatever the hell they want

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's also literally not a problem if Erianas is too good in grandmaster nightfalls since you can just Not use it and they are a Pve mode so nobody is harmed by you beating them

anglachel
May 28, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's also literally not a problem if Erianas is too good in grandmaster nightfalls since you can just Not use it and they are a Pve mode so nobody is harmed by you beating them

Especially sense xur will have a bounty that will get everybody a cipher to grab an Eriannas if they dont have one.

I will say that bungie seems to care about keeping gms difficult.

anglachel fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 6, 2020

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

I love to punch

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

I look forward to each Anti-Champion mod requiring different elemental affinities and costing 5 energy to equip.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

well, they are removing elemental affinities for most mods, so it seems ok?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I love to punch

I love the jacket. It's my favorite cosmetic.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thanks goons for helping me clear Prophecy earlier. One less thing to FOMO over.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Discospawn posted:

I look forward to each Anti-Champion mod requiring different elemental affinities and costing 5 energy to equip.

Elemental affinities are effectively going away, and I doubt any of them will cost anything different that what the Unstoppable arm piece was.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Weapon mods are going to cost about 1 more than the current Normal tier and about 1 less than the current Enhanced tier

You'll be able to rock HC Reloader and Unstoppable HC on a pair of gloves, but probably only Minor Spec instead of something like Recovery Mod

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I wonder if they would put champion mods in the combat slot. They did say the combat mod slot would have affinity. I guess we'll find out on tuesday.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
love chillin on the moon doing arts & crafts with the locals lol! check this sweet rocket launcher I made from bits of skull and some string I found, oh and the screams of my dying enemies :stare:

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Weapon mods are going to cost about 1 more than the current Normal tier and about 1 less than the current Enhanced tier

You'll be able to rock HC Reloader and Unstoppable HC on a pair of gloves, but probably only Minor Spec instead of something like Recovery Mod

Resist mods > stat mods in PVE anyway.